Thread: Any VPN (Virtual Private Network) users out there?

Default Any VPN (Virtual Private Network) users out there?

Considering going to a VPN service to help protect my privacy? Any others out there doing the same thing that can give advice?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I’m about to do it. Went through some computer stuff last month. Last step is setting up a VPN. Probably going Norton but going to check and see if my ISP has one or suggest one first.
    Last edited by reeltight; 04-01-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Not sure about private use, but we use Cisco any connect at work, and it’s great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Default Any VPN (Virtual Private Network) users out there?

We use onre work and I use AVG at home. Worth the $3 easy.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 04-01-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I’m about to do it. Went through some computer stuff last month. Last step is setting up a VPN. Probably going Norton but going to check and see if my ISP has one or suggest one first.
    As a former employee of a ISP I'd advise against it. Reason being, if something changes and you switch internet providers it makes it that much more painful to switch. Go with a 3rd party that will work with any connection regardless of who's providing it. Just my .02 yen

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The biggest issue is that unless your wireless is set up with higher speeds, you may see the speed loss. It may or may not be an issue for you.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Not sure about private use, but we use Cisco any connect at work, and it’s great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not the same thing they they are talking about. Your Cisco (AnyConnect I assume) VPN allows you to be on your work network from anywhere. They are looking for a solution to make their browsing/whatever on the internet more private.

I was using one on my main (non-work) computer. I found a lot of websites and services blocked me from getting to them because my range of VPN IPs was blacklisted.

I still use one but it only for certain services.

I asked this same question directly to my computer guru just last week. He asked if I was doing or planned to do any shady shit online. The answer was no. He said- then save your 4 bucks a month...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I asked this same question directly to my computer guru just last week. He asked if I was doing or planned to do any shady shit online. The answer was no. He said- then save your 4 bucks a month...
    Must be a smart feller.

Define shady shit
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Define shady shit
    Buying drugs via the interweb.

https://www.expressvpn.com/

Not just for privacy as far as doing shady shit , but encrypts your data in transit making it harder for bad actors to steal your personal info. Especially valuable when accessing public wifi; hotels, airport, starbucks, etc.
    Last edited by everlast; 04-01-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    https://www.expressvpn.com/

Not just for privacy as far as doing shady shit , but encrypts your data in transit making it harder for bad actors to steal your personal info. Especially valuable when accessing public wifi; hotels, airport, starbucks, etc.
    Why would Channing Tatum want to steal someone’s personal information?

lmao. i guess magic mike 12 didn't pan out
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I use the 1.1.1.1 app on my Android box that's hooked up to the TV, and I'll sometimes activate it on my phone.

The app is free.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk