Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN passes no-permit carry bill

Default TN passes no-permit carry bill

Tennessee legislature passes permitless handgun carry bill, which now heads to Gov. Bill Lee

Natalie Allison
    Nashville Tennessean

The Tennessee General Assembly has approved Gov. Bill Lee's legislation to allow most adults to carry handguns without obtaining a permit, a measure some Republicans sought for years to pass.

The permitless carry bill, which supporters have dubbed "constitutional carry," passed the House of Representatives 64-29 on Monday night. Just five House Republicans voted against it. The bill was approved in the Senate on March 18 and can now be signed into law by the governor.

The law, which will take effect July 1, allows for both open and concealed carrying of handguns for people 21 and older without a permit as well as for military members ages 18 to 20. It does not apply to long guns, a point of contention among gun rights activists.
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ll/7049477002/

Once again Tennessee is an example to follow from game management, taxes to people management.

Except Memphis. That place is terrible.

And Gov. Lee will most certainly sign it!

That's spot on, Glenn. No state income tax, great people (aside from Memphis and Nashville) and I've been tickled with the TWRA and how they manage our nature resources here in East TN. Although I've only been living here for 2 years, it's been a major upgrade from the SC DNR. We do need to get serious about the decline in our Turkey population here and I have faith that the TWRA will be implementing a new plan on that sooner than later.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post

That's spot on, Glenn. No state income tax, great people (aside from Memphis and Nashville) and I've been tickled with the TWRA and how they manage our nature resources here in East TN. Although I've only been living here for 2 years, it's been a major upgrade from the SC DNR. We do need to get serious about the decline in our Turkey population here and I have faith that the TWRA will be implementing a new plan on that sooner than later.
    I'm going to run over there one weekend and chase turkeys. Holler if you want to go.

passion
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don’t be jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm going to run over there one weekend and chase turkeys. Holler if you want to go.
    I know a place on public land that I've seen turkeys up there ... You can even run up and down mountains chasing them. Bring a boat and you can have them all too yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post

Where are you at ECWOODUCK? I haven't seen a decline around me... but I also don't hunt them. You can bet if they aren't seeing a decline in W TN then there will not be much of a change. E TN doesn't get anything that W TN doesn't approve.

I prefer permitless concealed carry. Open carry is fine I guess but telegraphing that you’re armed doesn’t make sense to me. And it will make yankees and Karens freak out down at the local Lidl grocery. They can bitch enough to create a knee jerk reaction in 10-ply politicians (which is pretty much all of them).

Tennessee got it right. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I know a place on public land that I've seen turkeys up there ... You can even run up and down mountains chasing them. Bring a boat and you can have them all too yourself.
    Just to aggravate the trading post nazzies, PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Where are you at ECWOODUCK? I haven't seen a decline around me... but I also don't hunt them. You can bet if they aren't seeing a decline in W TN then there will not be much of a change. E TN doesn't get anything that W TN doesn't approve.
    Fox, I just noticed you are in rocky top. My wife’s family are all from there, formerly Lake City. Some beautiful places in those hills.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    O

Except Memphis. That place is terrible.
    Jake is sending folks to fix that place, so I'm told.

PS - My favorite place in TN is still Oak Ridge.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    I prefer permitless concealed carry. Open carry is fine I guess but telegraphing that you’re armed doesn’t make sense to me. And it will make yankees and Karens freak out down at the local Lidl grocery. They can bitch enough to create a knee jerk reaction in 10-ply politicians (which is pretty much all of them).
    It’s something I rarely do in NC. But the folks I have seen open carry in public don’t get bad looks from people. Honestly, a nice conservative holster for a smaller pistol can almost go unnoticed. I think “iphone holder” until I look closer.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    It’s something I rarely do in NC. But the folks I have seen open carry in public don’t get bad looks from people. Honestly, a nice conservative holster for a smaller pistol can almost go unnoticed. I think “iphone holder” until I look closer.
    I like the guys with the thigh rigs. I think they have little dicks or something.

So...you’re saying you like guys with little dicks?

Open carry just invites the NO sign on more doors.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Open carry just invites the NO sign on more doors.
    Helps to know whom to support

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Agreed, Mello.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    I like the guys with the thigh rigs. I think they have little dicks or something.
    I haven’t seen that when out and about. Last guy I saw open carrying was waiting for takeout at a restaurant in wilmington. I only saw it when he passed my table on the way out. Very discreet holster.

My step-father saw someone with a rifle at a food lion. He’s a classic liberal but he didn’t lose his shit when he told me about it. Just rolled his eyes and chuckled.

In which county do you live? I have family over in Iredell County. I am in Brunswick.