Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet “Migo”

Awesome brother!
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Looks like a fine addition to the family. Congrats.

What are your plans for training the dog?
    I’m not looking for ribbons and metals right now. We’ll see how that goes later. I just want a good obedient dog that will come when I call, sit on command, and go pick up my birds. I will incorporate a whistle in his training.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I’m not looking for ribbons and metals right now. We’ll see how that goes later. I just want a good obedient dog that will come when I call, sit on command, and go pick up my birds. I will incorporate a whistle in his training.
    I hear ya. I'm on my 3rd lab now and trained all of them
    But first, let me say that I fully endorse the idea of using a professional like Rhett if needed, even if it's just to train for the basic obedience and retrieving if it's in your budget. You'll get a much better dog.

But if you're gonna do it yourself you need to educate yourself and your family on some basic concepts and start applying them ASAP.
    I may get some flack here because there are much newer resources available but I would recommend the book Water Dog by Richard Wolters. It's solid, well written and takes you thru every phase of the dogs life and what you should be expecting from your dog along the way. It also does a great job on the basic commands sit, stay, come. Play time verses training time, etc.
    Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wate...e-gws-wiz-serp
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-29-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I hear ya. I'm on my 3rd lab now and trained all of them
    But first, let me say that I fully endorse the idea of using a professional like Rhett if needed, even if it's just to train for the basic obedience and retrieving if it's in your budget. You'll get a much better dog.

But if you're gonna do it yourself you need to educate yourself and your family on some basic concepts and start applying them ASAP.
    I may get some flack here because there are much newer resources available but I would recommend the book Water Dog by Richard Wolters. It's solid, well written and takes you thru every phase of the dogs life and what you should be expecting from your dog along the way. It also does a great job on the basic commands sit, stay, come. Play time verses training time, etc.
    Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wate...e-gws-wiz-serp
    Yes sir I have that book and gundog. Thanks for the input too. I’ll need all the advice I can get.
    867-5309

Yes sir I have that book and gundog. Thanks for the input too. I’ll need all the advice I can get.
    Retriever training techniques have evolved since 1964 when that book was published. While those basic concepts still apply, there are much easier programs to follow that will take you step by step through training a proficient gun dog. You have to put the time in and be patient.

Smartworks by Evan Graham is a great program that is really easy to follow for a new trainer.

I would also highly recommend joining "The Retriever Trainer" by Freddy King at https://www.theretrievertrainer.com/. By joining you get access to thousands of videos posted by him that shows you how to work through each step of your pups training. With your membership you also get access to a closed group on facebook with some of the top professionals from all around the country. Rhett being one of the pros on there. It's really valuable when you need to discuss an issue you are having in training when they arise, and issues will arise. The best part about the whole thing is it's only $5 per month.
    Last edited by Quack07; 03-29-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Retriever training techniques have evolved since 1964 when that book was published. While those basic concepts still apply, there are much easier programs to follow that will take you step by step through training a proficient gun dog. You have to put the time in and be patient.

Smartworks by Evan Graham is a great program that is really easy to follow for a new trainer.

I would also highly recommend joining "The Retriever Trainer" by Freddy King at https://www.theretrievertrainer.com/. By joining you get access to thousands of videos posted by him that shows you how to work through each step of your pups training. With your membership you also get access to a closed group on facebook with some of the top professionals from all around the country. Rhett being one of the pros on there. It's really valuable when you need to discuss an issue you are having in training when they arise, and issues will arise. The best part about the whole thing is it's only $5 per month.
    I also have Smartworks too
    867-5309

Some good advice above but do me a favor and use "Here" instead of "Come". I straight up judge people that use the "Come" command. Most are yankees as well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

If your dog’s name is Shitrock then it’s ok to use “come” instead of “here”.

Or "get your a** over you stupid mf'er"

Thanks to Rhett at bay creek I’ve got myself a new hunting partner to grow up with my boys. I’ve never done the retriever thing personally so I know it’s going to be an adventure. Anywho. I named him Migo.
    Attachment 65145
    Congrats on your pup brother. You got a damn good one. Any time you have questions you know you’ve got a direct line to me any time. Looking forward to watching him grow. Craigs lil amigo has a good ring to it
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Quote Originally Posted by DUCK BUSTER 68 View Post
    Is that one of Crowns pups ?
    This ones sired by Craig, crowns son. So belle is the great grandma
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

My boy is 11 months old now and has picked up around 50 birds give or take!

63A0A9C9-CE11-41DF-808F-A8EEDC23C8A8.jpg
    867-5309

Nice! Good looking dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to keep it going after the season. I’m working on another launcher. We can go down to the rice field and run till it gets too hot.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Damn he looks exactly like his uncle Carl. Pretty pup.

Stud

If he starts humping things, rape is not an option despite what you've heard on here.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Rhett is good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Need to keep it going after the season. I’m working on another launcher. We can go down to the rice field and run till it gets too hot.
    Let me know. Lucy will be through FF and T work by then and we’ll be ready to roll. And I’ve got 2 teenagers that can throw the hell out of birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.