Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murder on I95

Default Murder on I95

Thursday, March 25, 2021 Lumberton NC
    A couple from PA was Southbound in the fast lane on an anniversary trip to Hilton Head got into a dispute with another motorist about an attempt to merge lanes.
    The suspect motorist was also SB in the slow lane and shot the passenger side of the couples automobile striking the wife. The victims auto pulled over and the suspect exited I95 a few miles further down the road.
    The wife died shortly after being wounded.

Anybody heard about this on the news?

My wife told me about it. Lumberton is about 2 hours NW of us. Rough place. I would like to drop Jen Psaki off there with only a derringer and a cell phone and see if her gun control views hold up.

Saw that, man that is terrible

Damn shame if flip flopped it would be a “hate crime”

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Saw that, man that is terrible

Damn shame if flip flopped it would be a “hate crime”
    Agreed, senseless and terrible.

What would make it a hate crime? I didn't see any information about the suspect other than the car description.

I wonder what husband's situational awareness was. Granted that all drivers are watching the road ahead, it's also a given that many drivers don't watch their six like they should. I'm not inferring that he wasn't watching his six and even if he was, if he was in heavy traffic there may not have been anything he could've done to avoid the killer.
    Heavy traffic on the interstate is common and we all get put in the exact same situation many times, sometimes multiple times in one trip. What do you guys do when traffic is heavy and your tucked in tight 20 deep in the fast lane when some asshole tries to pass you on the right?
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-28-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I wonder what husband's situational awareness was. Granted that all drivers are watching the road ahead, it's also a given that many drivers don't watch their six like they should. I'm not inferring that he wasn't watching his six and even if he was, if he was in heavy traffic there may not have been anything he could've done to avoid the killer.
    Heavy traffic on the interstate is common and we all get put in the exact same situation many times, sometimes multiple times in one trip. What do you guys do when traffic is heavy and your tucked in tight 20 deep in the fast lane when some asshole tries to pass you on the right?
    Very true, there is a lot they didn't say in there about the circumstances of it. I also wonder if the victim or her husband did anything to escalate the situation with the other driver (not that that is a justification at all)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Agreed, senseless and terrible.

What would make it a hate crime? I didn't see any information about the suspect other than the car description.

https://wpde.com/news/local/shooting...-officials-say

Senseless MURDER either way you look at it

Some crazy ass folks on the road
    Last edited by tprice; 03-28-2021 at 09:30 AM.

RobCo. is like a third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I have been traveling that stretch a lot over the past six months. I heard the shooting was near the weigh station, if so that usually has traffic slowed whenever it's open. There are also a few patches of construction that have things slowed down lately. Over all, there seems to always be something slowing traffic in that stretch.

The only reason dillon is bad is Bc rob co is across the border
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I drive a ton of interstate miles. I’ve learned that if you set cruise to about 73-75 and drive in the right lane you can avoid the majority of problems. If you have the need to run 85 to get where you’re going , maybe you should get up earlier.

People are completely out of their minds on 85 and 26 these days in SC. Speaking of passing on the right, people get a fender on you or just even with you they’re coming over regardless. Infuriating. I’ve had to slam on brakes to keep from getting hit in exact situation several times sometimes while pulling a trailer. And I’m going 80 with traffic in left lane. People act like it’s NASCAR or F1 out there. Just ridiculous.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

That’s why I leave 10-15 early so that I can stay my happy ass in the right lane. If I need to pass I pass and slide right back over.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    That’s why I leave 10-15 early so that I can stay my happy ass in the right lane. If I need to pass I pass and slide right back over.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    https://wpde.com/news/local/shooting...-officials-say

Senseless MURDER either way you look at it

Some crazy ass folks on the road
    It’s wild to me it would escalate to shooting right off the bat from a poor merge without words or any other escalation first but who knows.

“Investigators have learned a road rage encounter allegedly developed. The victim's vehicle reportedly came close to the suspect vehicle during a merge into a lane.

The suspect vehicle then came alongside Eberly's passenger side and the suspect rolled down his window, fired multiple shots into the passenger door, and one struck Julie Eberly, according to Sheriff Wilkins.“

Maybe murder for hire? Probably a good county to find a hitman.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    My wife told me about it. Lumberton is about 2 hours NW of us. Rough place. I would like to drop Jen Psaki off there with only a derringer and a cell phone and see if her gun control views hold up.
    One of the poorest and trashiest counties in NC. once you get off the main roads.
    Lumbee Indian tribe country
    If you are old, you may recall a couple Lumbee Indians taking over the newspaper office there in a standoff with the law that was on national news for a few day.
    Michael Jordan's dad was murdered there, pulled over to nap under an overpass in his new Lexus Coupe and two pieces
    of shit saw his Rolex and shot him, then dumped him and the car down a dirt road. They didn't know who he was until after they killed him and got into his wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Maybe murder for hire? Probably a good county to find a hitman.
    if a husband wanted a wife taken out.......should be explored by cops, hubby gives bogus descriptions, etc....could be possible

Shooter got his bones