Thread: Magnets

Default Magnets

anyone know the legality of putting a handgun on a magnet mount in a center console of a vehicle in SC? TIA
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    anyone know the legality of putting a handgun on a magnet mount in a center console of a vehicle in SC? TIA
    I’m not exactly sure what you are talking about. If it’s like magnetically attached to something close to your seat in the open, I would be worried about being shot during a traffic stop. From all these police shootings, apparently they are teaching officers to immediately empty their magazine into anyone if a a gun is visible.

If the pistol is still inside of the console I can’t see it being an issue
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I am talking about being inside the CC...here is what I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Hill-Wood-Rub.../dp/B08KWFCJ6S

Some random guy working at an SC gun store said it was illegal to mount one INSIDE the center console, which sounds dumb to me.

Taking advice on gun laws from people that work in gun stores is like taking medical advice from the comments section of WebMD.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Taking advice on gun laws from people that work in gun stores is like taking medical advice from the comments section of WebMD.
    isn't that the truth

If you do not have a CCW permit but can legally own a firearm then you are legally entitled to carry the firearm loaded in a vehicle as long as it is placed in a closed glove box, console or trunk of vehicle. If there is no trunk then the firearm can be placed in the luggage area enclosed in a container and secured with fasteners. If the firearm is found in any other place such as in a purse, under the seat, on the seat, you will be charged. The law is very specific on where the firearm is placed.

The Law 16.23.20 - Exceptions to unlawful carry 21.31.230 - Carry between vehicle & accommodation
    "run and gun guide service"

Inside the console you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    This. If in the console you are legit.

which store is this to avoid?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

The Gunshop and Indoor Range in SVL...I asked the guy if they sold those and he told me without batting an eyelash 3 times that they are illegal in SC mounted INSIDE the center console. He may have had too many martinis at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    The Gunshop and Indoor Range in SVL...I asked the guy if they sold those and he told me without batting an eyelash 3 times that they are illegal in SC mounted INSIDE the center console. He may have had too many martinis at lunch.
    I never go to a big boxish gun shop for an opinion. Only to buy. He is incorrect. He may have just not heard you say IN the console.
    I took my neighbor to PSA a few months back to pick up a beginner .270 and the kid behind counter was telling him the cartridge was too small to hunt with....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a small shop and only had a few people working there...I know the law for properly transporting a handgun in your car or truck and I couldn't have been more clear about it being mounted "inside the center console"...

If is is illegal you would have to do something really bad to get in trouble for it.
    Windows Down!

Ordered the magnet...works great. Holds a full-sized pistol in place and is easily deployed. I'm satisfied.

I have one that stays right by my knee, pulled over or license check I just put it in console. Might be illegal but I've never once had a problem. If they ask if I have firearm in the vehicle the answer is always several.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I have one that stays right by my knee, pulled over or license check I just put it in console. Might be illegal but I've never once had a problem. If they ask if I have firearm in the vehicle the answer is always several.
    I got asked once if I had any weapons in the truck- my response was- It's a construction truck- the whole truck is full of weapons- poor kid didn't know what to say, just walked off

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    This