Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swamp/woods finds

Default Swamp/woods finds

Something a little different than the points and pottery. No telling how long this thing hung out in the river swamp. Dates I've seen put this old milk bottle from the 30s or 40s.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Very cool.

Best thing I ever found was an old glass Clorox bottle. One of my boys broke it. Cant have nothin
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Gotta like that!

I enjoy digging around old homesites as well.

Nice. I’ve got a pretty significant bottle collection. Never seen one like that before
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

We were combining peanuts near an old home site, and I found a tiny glass bottle. Couldn’t have held more than an ounce. Don’t remember the name on it, but it was from a company that sold toiletries in the late 1800s. Maybe a perfume or cologne?

Maybe opium.

Lord I hope it wasn't a bourbon mini, you'd be getting some guys a little moist if you posted a pic.

or a black stick. holy cow the possibilities...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I found an empty bottle in the woods once. I carried it out and threw it in the trash can at Amoco.

Leave it better’n ya found it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I did find this one next to some of the old brick work that drains our marsh

Screenshot_20210324-083237_Samsung Internet.jpg

That’s pretty sweet Ralph
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

we have a bunch of old houses on our farm. i've found a myriad of old glass bottles, old tobacco cans, shoes, old wells, there's even an old model b parked by the side of one. i've got more pictures than these two, but that's all i can find right now.

house.jpg

tobacco.jpg
    Last edited by ziggy; 03-24-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I did find this one next to some of the old brick work that drains our marsh

Screenshot_20210324-083237_Samsung Internet.jpg
    I have a perfect one of those I found in the middle of a plowed field while looking for arrowheads as a kid. No idea how it survived 50+ years of farming totally unscathed.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    We were combining peanuts near an old home site, and I found a tiny glass bottle. Couldn’t have held more than an ounce. Don’t remember the name on it, but it was from a company that sold toiletries in the late 1800s. Maybe a perfume or cologne?
    I think a lot of those were medicines and snake oil treatments. They were a dollar a bottle and were supposed to work wonders on wounds or just about anything. Even stains.

I find a good many blue milk of magnesia mini bottles around old homesites. An SC dispensary bottle would be cool.

My favorite find so far is an old still on a ridge in the middle of the swamp. Mason jars lined up for the next batch that never got made. Wonder why he never came back.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Revenuers

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    My favorite find so far is an old still on a ridge in the middle of the swamp. Mason jars lined up for the next batch that never got made. Wonder why he never came back.
    He never came back from Copperhead Road.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    He never came back from Copperhead Road.
    The real Copperhead Road is only 20 miles away from my house. They had to change the name because people kept stealing the road sign.

There's a copperhead road not far from Ft. Kickass. I keep eyeballing it and gauging the risk reward of repatriating some of my tax money.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton