Thread: Want to hunt North Dakota...

I have never hunted ducks outside of the lowcountry and am interested in planning a trip to ND for next year. My problem is that my buds probably won't make the trip with me due to money issues and lack of committment. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to get a trip going? I will proably be able to rustle up a couple of guys to go, but would still love to get up with a group already going. I am dying to get on a quality ND hunt. I only get invited on a couple of impoundment hunts each season and public huinting here can be frustrating at times. Any help would be appreciated.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

It is not too hard. Just do your homework. Get a monetary commitment up front unless your guys are older and dependable. Have a contingency plan. Something always comes up. Plan it months ahead. Start doing your homework now. When you get there, don't get excited at seeing 100 mallards in a pothole. It means nothing. Don't plan on easy hunting.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Originally posted by CWPINST:
    It is not too hard.
    [img]graemlins/lamoo.gif[/img]