Thread: Be safe and buy guns in public places

Default Be safe and buy guns in public places

Sumter officers are continuing to look for two suspects involved in a gun deal that turned into an armed robbery that left one man critically injured and a juvenile in jail last week.

A cash reward may be available for information leading to the arrests of Octavious Jonathan Brock, 19, of Musket Trail, and Dywain Ca Mel McKenzie, 20, last known address of Maney Street, said Tonyia McGirt, public information officer for the Sumter Police Department. Both face conspiracy, possession of a weapon during a violent crime and two counts each of attempted murder, armed robbery and kidnapping

Brock’s brother, Justice Brock, 17, also of Musket Trail, was apprehended and charged as an adult, McGirt said. He is being held at the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office Detention Center and was charged with conspiracy and two counts each of attempted murder, armed robbery and kidnapping.

Officers were called after 10 p.m. Wednesday to a shooting at Maxwell Avenue, where they found a 26-year-old man injured and taken to an area hospital where he remains in critical but stable condition.

A short time later, officers were called to a King Street residence where they found McKenzie, who also was shot, McGirt said.

Officers were also called to Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital, where Justice Brock was dropped off with a gunshot wound.

McKenzie and Justice Brock were both treated and released.

Information gathered in the case indicate the three suspects and the injured man were among a group of men who met at the Maxwell Avenue location to exchange firearms, McGirt said. Gunfire started during the robbery of a handgun.

An investigation is continuing.

Anyone with information or knows where Octavious Brock and McKenzie could be are asked to call the Sumter Police Department at (803) 436-2700.

Information can be given anonymously be calling Crime Stoppers at1-888-CRIME-SC.

Tips also can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers by logging onto www.P3tips.comand clicking on the “Submit a New Tip” tab or by downloading the new P3 Tips app for Apple and Android devices.

"A short time later, officers were called to a King Street residence where they found McKenzie, who also was shot, McGirt said. Officers were also called to Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital, where Justice Brock was dropped off with a gunshot wound. Anyone with information or knows where Octavious Brock and McKenzie could be are asked to call the Sumter Police Department at (803) 436-2700."

So, the cops had the Mckenzie guy and the hospital released him or am I reading that wrong?

Its Sumter,you never really know whats going to happen but i think what the news meant to say is they released them into police custody.

McKenzie knows that gunshots in hospitals means cops, so he headed back to the house to perform some self care. The elder Brock was either more distraught at the thought of losing his younger brother to focus on that fact, or just wanted to do right by him before he skipped town. According to Robert DiNero, when the heat is on, you have to be prepared to walk away in an instant.

Stellar journalism.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Buy guns in public places is good advice, but this was a stolen firearms deal or drug sale "gone wrong." Better advice is don't meet up with someone named Octavius, Dywain, Justice, or the like, especially in Sumter County to buy guns.

378 Park and Ride anytime after 11pm for the win...

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Buy guns in public places is good advice, but this was a stolen firearms deal or drug sale "gone wrong." Better advice is don't meet up with someone named Octavius, Dywain, Justice, or the like, especially in Sumter County to buy guns.
    At 10pm.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

The cops really should be using these places like a Sparkleberry oak flat baited with corn and if not, the neighbors (WeJeep?) should put up a live cam on Youtube that will be a nice passive income stream...