Thread: Battery Power Blower

Default Battery Power Blower

Does anyone have any Stihl battery powered tools? I’ve got a garage full of their gas powered stuff that’s great but Stihl doesn’t show up in any of the “top” battery powered tools reports you can find online. Ego seems to take the top award on most review sites for battery powered equipment.

I’m looking for a battery powered blower. Something I can grab quick to blow out the garage or porches and something my wife can use. I have a nice Stihl backpack blower but it’s not really convenient for a quick job and actually hard to maneuver in the garage since you’re stuck with the blower being on the right hand side.

Father in law has one. Seems to work pretty well. If it didn't he wouldn't own it.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

There all about the same. Get one that your already on a platform. Like if you have dewalt tools get a dewalt blower. The batteries are what’s expensive.

I have the Milwaukee blower. Works great but no comparison to gas powered unit.

In laws have the Stihl battery chainsaw, does a decent job.

Ego over stihl with battery.

I have the big Dewalt one and also the little dewalt one. The little one stays in my toolbox and gets used very regularly cleaning up at work/blowing out the bed. The big one is great for just blowing off porches but also has a lot of power enough to do my driveway too. The wife likes it a ton so she doesn’t have to hassle with the big gas one. I’d highly recommend. I use both all the time.

And while you’re at it go ahead and buy Dewalts 2.5 gallon battery shop vac. That little thing comes is very handy.

I looked at the stihl battery operated tools but decided against it because they use several different size batteries across the line. Other companies allow you to use the same size battery in the blower, weedeater, and mower.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by bdunc View Post
    Ego over stihl with battery.
    Am I reading this right...you agree with the reports I’m reading? For battery blower go ego?

Yes ego over Stihl battery. I carry both lines. Ego is the best in the battery department.

Yes ego over Stihl battery. I carry both lines. Ego is the best in the battery department.
    Thank you sir

What the difference or would you recommend the LBX6000 over the LB6500. The LBX is listed as a commercial unit but doesn't seem to.have the power of the 6500. Also it looks like the LBX takes a different battery?

I think I've answered my own question... If the LBX takes the backpack battery I wouldn't want that.

Go to harbor freight and get the Atlas with the 80 volt battery and thank my later. You can also use their other tools with the same battery. I have the chainsaw and pole saw and use them all of the time.
    Last edited by duckchoppin; 03-21-2021 at 08:59 PM.

I have an EGO chainsaw that will cut rings around the battery Stihl. My FIL has the EGO blower and loves it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

you overthink everything
    online reviews!

its a blower. they blow air.
    i have the black and decker bc I already had their screwdriver. same battery. it blows out my garage just fine.
    review that.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.