Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youth

Default Youth

Good luck to all the kids and Dads this weekend!

Post up some pics!
    Last edited by britton40; 03-20-2021 at 05:01 AM.

I wish I could post pics of these gale force winds we are seeing. My decoys might take flight in a minute

North Georgia for the opener here. Still winter. Heard a couple yesterday when I went to listen to quiet as a church mouse this morning.

Awesome hunt....had the whole flock in our lap but no shot. All four gobblers in range but passed along the swamp edge behind the nine Jake's that were inside of ten steps!
    Sipping coffee by the fire now about to cook up some links and eggs.
    We're not still hunting them so probably won't go back til tomorrow morning with a slightly different setup.
    Good luck y'all!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Yessir! Excellent!!

That’s an advanced level of dead there. Nice work!

Awesome work!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Well done young lady!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Only heard 3 gobbles all morning but got this one to come in and put on a show. John micah got his first turkey ever! It was cold this morning so i made sure we had good walk to our blind to get warmed up. Had some hens close by calling back and forth with me and it went quiet for a little while. Heard a couple drums and told John to get ready. Couple minutes goes by and I catch a turkey running thru the trees to our hard left. I told John to be still that it was a gobbler and he was strutting 20 yards away. I watched him over his shoulder for a couple of minutes then as he made his way down the road, i told john we would let him walk by at 5 yards and shoot him when he passed. a couple mins go by and i never see him pass, then john whispers to me" Mr. Kyle the turkeys in the field" I look up to see the turkey getting ready to square up the decoy. John eased his gun down on the tripod, and said he was ready to shoot. We were both pretty excited to get his first bird after multiple close calls in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by holdin down the fort; 03-20-2021 at 10:18 AM.

#like

This is awesome boys. I’ve enjoyed the texts all morning and happy for all the killers and dads. We haven’t made it happen yet, but we aren’t done.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

20210320_100103.jpg
    Quite on the roost..got cranked up about 8 45..Her first!

Congrats to all and thanks for sharing the pics

Congrats to all

Nice job everyone
    We taking our youths this coming weekend
    Hope we get my brothers boy his first

Me and both of my boys hunted hard all day. After having 3 different hunts this morning and having gobblers within 40 yards every time and either getting seen or just no shot, my youngest (9yo) was getting frustrated. His older brother (11yo) could have killed all three of them but he was determined to let his little brother shoot first. After almost calling it quits this afternoon, we struck up 2 and my little one finally connected.
    First bird....18 lbs, 1 inch spurs, and 11 inch beard. One happy youngin’B4F57670-0CC7-405B-B37E-36BF1D39E143.jpg

Congrats to all the kids!!! This is awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Boys 2
    Girls 2

Boys should be embarrassed

Congrats to the youth and parents!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan