Thread: Congress seeks recall of popular Seresto flea collars possibly linked to pet deaths

Default Congress seeks recall of popular Seresto flea collars possibly linked to pet deaths

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...to-flea-collar

I've been using them during the height of tick season. They work great for keeping ticks off the dogs. Glad I didn't kill my dogs!

Had a conversation about this with a buddy a while back.

My position is that all flea and tick control items are poisons we put in their blood stream to knock them back.

Fleas and ticks have a remarkably short life cycle and so they naturally evolve to survive all the nice poisons...ergo...we create more and nastier stuff to keep our homes and yards flea/tick free and so the wheel turns and keeps turning.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Correlation does not equal causation.

One problem is these products moving through big box stores and over the counter increases their accessibility to the public and increases sales because people don't want to buy from their veterinarian since all we care about is money. But the consequence is there's little to no education to the client on that product and how, if and when it should be used. Were those animals healthy to begin with or did they have co-morbidity?

Again, correlation doesn't mean causation but I'll not weep for a company that chooses the path of least resistance to pet owners to boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.

One problem is these products moving through big box stores and over the counter increases their accessibility to the public and increases sales because people don't want to buy from their veterinarian since all we care about is money. But the consequence is there's little to no education to the client on that product and how, if and when it should be used. Were those animals healthy to begin with or did they have co-morbidity?

Again, correlation doesn't mean causation but I'll not weep for a company that chooses the path of least resistance to pet owners to boost sales.
    This also leads to potential introduction of counterfeit meds in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God Congress has it’s priorities in order and is dealing with the important shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    This also leads to potential introduction of counterfeit meds in the market.

Yep. Forgot that part. great point.

so you're saying I'm not gonna get rich selling electric toothbrushes? WTF WTF WTF?!?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep. Forgot that part. great point.
    So we ought not be snorting the dog's Heartguard for the Covid because it could be counterfeit?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So we ought not be snorting the dog's Heartguard for the Covid because it could be counterfeit?
    You would probably be good

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so you're saying I'm not gonna get rich selling electric toothbrushes? WTF WTF WTF?!?
    If you marketed them as canine electric toothbrushes, you’d sell the shit out of them. Put a little table stand display in Glenn’s office with a video of some half sedated dog “loving it so much, they’ll be ‘begging’ for it after every meal”, or some such.

I could care less what Congress has to say. I would however listen if a Veterinarian group called for the recall. Look at the rep calling for it. D from IL. Probably a squad wanna be trying to be one of the in crowd.