Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage in Whorry

Default Road Rage in Whorry

https://wpde.com/news/local/boxed-in...s-of-road-rage

Probably tooted...….

Boxed in and beat up: Horry Co. couple says they were victims of road rage

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WPDE) — Jennifer M. and her husband didn't expect their journey down Highway 22 Saturday to become a seven-mile journey that would spiral out of control.

"I've never been through anything like this before," she said, blinking her bruised left eye.

That night, she recalled, she and her husband were entering Highway 22 from Highway 90 at the same time as a group of "squatted" pickup trucks. The trucks had the right of way.

Jennifer said her husband beeped his horn to let them know they could go.

The drivers, evidently, believed that beep meant something else.

"They tried to box us in, run us off the road," she said. "They had the windows rolled down, holding middle fingers out yelling all kinds of stuff."
    The husband and wife's luck turned south when they exited onto Highway 17. With more traffic and lower speeds, the trucks forced Jennifer's car to stop.

Jennifer said eight younger men exited the trucks and dragged her husband from their car, placing him into a chokehold before slamming him to the ground. She said the mob repeatedly kicked and struck his head.
    She also was hit when she tried to come to his aid.

"It was at least five minutes and they were trying to stomp his head," she said, "They were kicking, they were punching, they were doing everything they could to hurt him."

Patrons from a nearby restaurant, EMS and firefighting crews came to their assistance, pulling them to safety. She said police arrived after and arrested three of the perpetrators.

According to jail records, Camden Greene, 18, of Hickory, NC, Dalton McCloud, 21, of Connley Springs, NC, and Noah Gerrish, 21, of Hickory, NC were all charged with third-degree assault and released on $5,000 bonds.

Officials said the charges, and the number of suspects, are subject to change and the case is ongoing. Jennifer said she provided the department with Facebook comments made by another one of the attackers after the incident who had not been arrested.

Her husband is still in the hospital recovering. Jennifer said she is worried about the lingering effects of this attack. Her husband is a veteran who was already dealing with PTSD.

"We're not young, but we're not old either," she said. "Had it been an older couple, this kind of behavior could've killed them."

Third-degree assault charges carry a maximum sentence of one year in prison. If the charges are upgraded to second-degree assault, a felony charge which requires "serious" injuries to the victim, the sentence could be as long as 25 years.

Completely out of control and totally uncalled for. Those kids should count themselves lucky that they were not shot.
    Last edited by Drylok; 03-17-2021 at 08:21 AM.

I'm sure there is more to the story and what lead up to all this but 8 on 1 in uncalled for any way you look at it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Just dumb. Thats gonna follow those idiots for a long time.

Fuck those guys. They're why I carry.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I hate punks and squat trucks but that's only one side of the story.

8 on 1 is felony lynching and attempted murder- especially with kicks to the head- wtf is wrong with the police/prosecutor and those lame ass charges

8 ON ONE is justification to pull the piece and let it rip. Just don't shoot at the ones that are running, you hamper your self defense case.

i bet there is way more to the story. But based on that account, a few of those boys would have had a sucking chest wound.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I’ve thought about how it’d be possible for attackers to pull me from my veh. I have yet to come up with a scenario.

Just one more awful story to remind me to keep cool on the roads around here. I like my life and the ability to spend it on this side of the dirt or iron bars. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I’ve thought about how it’d be possible for attackers to pull me from my veh. I have yet to come up with a scenario.
    I am sure he thought he was billy bad ass and got out to yell and hollar. If they broke out the window and drug him out, it would have been mentioned in the article.

There's much more to the story.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I don't care who you are and what you are carrying, you are an idiot if you stand up to 8 dudes by yourself. Stay in the car and protect your wife!

Yeah I ain't jumping out of a perfectly good vehicle. If they wreck me or blindside me with the window down, maybe, but other than that, once they touch the glass all bets are off.

Castle Doctrine kind of ends when you exit your castle....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Castle Doctrine kind of ends when you exit your castle....
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Like the one in Loris last month where a guy opened another persons truck door with a knife in his hand. He was shot from the drivers seat.

If you box me in and start trying to enter my vehicle through force, I'm gonna show you some hardware. If you don't back off, all bets are off. All those legal battles can happen later after I have maintained a pulse.

Fluoride rage.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

All kinds of issues going on.

People are crazy.