Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow is fun....

Default Snow is fun....

...till it ain’t! The magic number of fun/not fun-delineation is somewhere between 16 inches and three feet. We hit 3’ so damn fast, I couldn’t tell you when it became impossible for normal humans to walk in it. I do know that if you don’t have a tractor, snowmobile, or atv with tracks, you best have that bread and milk folks swarm the stores for back home or you are SOL! I’ll post pics of a 4 hour timeline from Sunday morning when I get to the hotel and have power for my laptop...it’s impressive. Luckily, my neighbor is cool and has a tractor. The power is out, and they are saying it might be out for up to a week...somehow, I don’t think you’ll see it on National News. Regardless, heading into town to a hotel with power to enjoy a little hot-tub action since our spring break plans just got buried under 3’ of insanity.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Looking forward to the pics. I would love to be able to witness 3 feet of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    Looking forward to the pics. I would love to be able to witness 3 feet of snow.
    Hell no. I lived in PA during my high school years 99-02 and you can keep that shit. My wife has never seen “real snow” so we went to Breckinridge for her birthday, Valentine’s Day. She said she’s glad to live in the south.

It was nice having a 4 ft of snow to fall into when I rolled a snow mobile on top of us. Apparently when you turn the front “sleds??” The rear end won’t kick out like a 4 wheeler. It just wants to go straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Give me Sunny and 80 degrees. Ya'll can keep that crap.

D57676A5-29D9-4EF0-B951-6B265BDFAF2E.jpg
    This was one of the 14’ers behind us. 14,000ft elevation. On our snow mobile journey, hence the matching black pajamas.

WWD, Godspeed sir. Please keep that shit up there. Enjoy the stories however.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 03-16-2021 at 07:12 PM.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Great pic I didn’t realize you were that damn ugly
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Great pic I didn’t realize you were that damn ugly
    Hell yeah. I’m from Gaston county, NC so there’s atleast 4 generations of some cousin lovin in family
    R. Not

3' is no joke when you can't walk in it, that's what skis are for.

Our flight this past Sunday was originally to go through Denver then to Charlotte. We changed that quick fast in a hurry when we saw they were calling for 4' in Denver between Friday and Sunday's we ended up going through Chicago then to Charlotte and got home two hours earlier because of that flight change.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Ok. I have so damn many pictures that I'm getting frustrated trying to shuffle them around devices. Here are three that will show the madness. The first pic was sometime around 0700-0715 right after waking up, looking outside, and thinking, "they missed this forecast."

The second pic was sometime around 0815. I took it after opening the back door and realizing that 6" on the rail had become ~12" in about a half hour to 45 minutes. I did some truck shuffling to get where I could get to the hospital if what I was seeing was going to continue.

The third pic was after I had moved my landrover about 400 yards to the edge of the highway, walked back to the house (seriously concerned about having a heart attack during the walk back), and started cooking a fat venison burger. During the burger cook, I got the word that the hospital was sending out a plow to bring me to the hospital. I'm thinking that pic was between 1230 and 1245, as I hiked to the highway at 1315. Regardless...this was what happened from 0700 to 1300 max time interval.

;;
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 03-17-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Only one pic posted that I can see...

I'm curious to see how this affects the turkey population as well as other wildlife. We had a terrible mule deer harvest this year and antelope numbers have been down and bouncing, all of which is supposedly due to a massive hail storm in 2017 that took out the majority of that year's fawns across the plains west and south west of my town. Weather out here actually hammers game populations from time to time. I don't know how not being able to hit the ground and walk around will affect turkeys. I can certainly imagine turkeys flying down into this concrete-like wet mess and ending up over its head before it has time to react. If that were to happen, he'd be about like an avalanche victim with no help on the way. Will be interesting to see over the next few years.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 03-17-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Give it a bit...my internet is crawling out here right now.

So the hospital came to get you because you were having a heart attack?

I'm gottem now. Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    So the hospital came to get you because you were having a heart attack?
    They came to get him b/c he was needed at work.

Ah...I was thinking about the great ambulance service in WY.

For the weather of this kind we have bought a used snowmobile Timbersled Riot 3 129 S Pro Rouge 2022. It looks ugly and is relatively expensive but with good tracks it turns into an all-terrain vehicle They are a gamechanger.
    Last edited by Smiller; 05-13-2021 at 03:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Nope. Keep that shit. Don’t need it ever again.

I am fixing to turn on the damn heat. It feels like it could start snowing any minute up here...