View Poll Results: Have you gotten the vaccine?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 36.33%
  • No

191 63.67%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you gotten the vax poll

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Statistically, he Only folks not getting vaccinated are the uneducated conspiracy theory believing morons.
    By uneducated I think you mean unindoctrinated.

Seems very reminiscent of those lacking reasoning ability around 9/11 who would say you're not a patriot if you have a problem with the government spying on all of your communications(patriot act). "What do you have to hide? Do you hate America? Terrorists are everywhere!" (Who, incidentally, must have all gotten Covid and died because we never hear about that "crisis" anymore). Then over the next two decades many have come to their senses on that front, yet can't see the parallels in this situation. Have to wait for groupthink to pave the way because they're incapable of independent thought or reason.
    Last edited by everlast; 03-29-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Here’s my thing. If you don’t want to get the vaccine as a personal choice, by all means go right ahead. This is America where I believe we have the freedom of that personal choice.

But, to try and justify your position by saying that there is a consensus of trustworthy, science-based, factual information from which you are basing your decision is folly. Then on top of that, to call all the people who provide such information which refutes their crappy sources stupid sheep is the definition of irony.

At BT, this wasn’t directed at you. Just the people who literally think it will alter your DNA like the hulk or Spider-Man or some nonsense...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    my alias strikes again.

I agree. If you dont want it, fine by me. Just stop finding something on the internet to defend your position when you dont need defending.

Or just say "i'm scared of needles and doctors".
    Every word of this is dumbassery. How many strains now? What’s the efficacy? Do you have to wear a mask after the vaccine?

I would ask you to show me your sources, but 2oofer’s got nada. Maybe dubs has something other than opinion?

C39DAFB2-8A78-4526-8EA8-1065075ACD57.jpg

I remember being told, "It will have to run its course."

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Well you had a good doctor. Nowadays those glorified pharmaceutical salesmen will prescribe everybody antibiotics for a virus and most patients are none the wiser or they even request / demand a script even though it's viral.
    Last edited by everlast; 03-27-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Every word of this is dumbassery. How many strains now? What’s the efficacy? Do you have to wear a mask after the vaccine?

I would ask you to show me your sources, but 2oofer’s got nada. Maybe dubs has something other than opinion?
    strains? Efficacy? What does that have to do with the current available vaccine? You really have no clue about science or medicine and should be careful about what you insinuate.

We have an entire thread about masks after the vaccine. Try to pay attention.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Here's what I dont get---directed at everlast and woodie.

how come y'all think anyone who gets the vaccine is less of a person than you?

brainwashed. indoctrinated. Sheep. I just dont understand that hypocrisy.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Amazing how this site has become so divisive, but also like a microcosm of society.
    I attended my uncle’s funeral last week. He died from COVID-19 with no co-morbidity. He worked at the VA and went home with the symptoms. He was found two days later, face down in the kitchen.
    We had his service last Saturday and as we exit the church to walk him to the cemetery, there’s a crowd of people outside calling us sheeple and blaming us for being the reason masks still being mandatory in The Keys. The worst part is that they were dead ass angry at us for wearing masks and showed no respect or empathy of our situation.
    This has gone beyond politics IMO. It’s not difficult to be a decent human being. Seems we want to blame everything else for our words and behavior except ourselves.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Here's what I dont get---directed at everlast and woodie.

how come y'all think anyone who gets the vaccine is less of a person than you?

brainwashed. indoctrinated. Sheep. I just dont understand that hypocrisy.
    Really, I was trying to be offensive to a single person in response to the tone of his comment. As i've said, if someone feels safer with it, they should get it.

However, to be completely frank, it is quite difficult not to feel animus towards a population who has been so easily manipulated into a state of irrational fear that it's willing to sacrifice the livelihoods of millions, and the emotional and mental wellbeing of a entire generation of kids. But god forbid they eat a vegetable, take a vitamin, or exercise, to foster a stronger immune system. Let the rest of the world suffer so you (not you personally) can stay fat and pharmaceutically dependent.

This is a significant event, if you trust the numbers. If you adjust for the nursing home patients who were intentionally sent home to infect others, the people treated improperly with vents vs cpap/bipap, account for the fluffed number, the people who were sent home with no treatment to get worse, the proven effective early treatments that were hidden, banned, erroneously discredited, then not so much.

See pic below. Out of 500k deaths, only 6% have covid as the only cause. Almost HALF have influenza and pneumonia as a comorbidity. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell me, when they group them together like that, what caused the pneumonia, covid or the flu? so much for the flu disappearing. It seems to me that just rolled up those numbers into the covid deaths. Maybe i'm misreading that. Also, how many cycle thresholds were they testing since the majority of these were done before the WHO so conveniently revised the diagnosis protocol on inauguration day? Meaning how many of these had dead nucleotides that showed up positive but weren't an actual infection and the comorbidity was actually the cause of death with the patient having had Covid at some time in the past.

As far as why I think what I think; asked and answered, your honor. I could write several books on that topic. I'll let you know when they're published if you're still interested in understanding.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...#Comorbidities

Screenshot 2021-03-29 092635.jpg
    Last edited by everlast; 03-29-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Amazing how this site has become so divisive, but also like a microcosm of society.
    I attended my uncle’s funeral last week. He died from COVID-19 with no co-morbidity. He worked at the VA and went home with the symptoms. He was found two days later, face down in the kitchen.
    We had his service last Saturday and as we exit the church to walk him to the cemetery, there’s a crowd of people outside calling us sheeple and blaming us for being the reason masks still being mandatory in The Keys. The worst part is that they were dead ass angry at us for wearing masks and showed no respect or empathy of our situation.
    This has gone beyond politics IMO. It’s not difficult to be a decent human being. Seems we want to blame everything else for our words and behavior except ourselves.
    Sorry for your loss. There's no sense of decorum and decency anymore. We have to belong to subgroups and hate those in others. Now we have sub groups inside our subgroups and we gotta hate them too.

The conversation should be a short one. "Hey bro, how's it going?" "Good. You?" "Same. You get that shot?" "Nah. don't want to and I'm low risk. You?" "Yeah. Felt safer with it so got in line." "Cool. We fishin' this weekend?"

But now days everyone has to be right and if you ain't right, well, you wrong I reckon.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-29-2021 at 09:10 AM.

I don't even let it get that far.. I'm like whatever, I don't care. do you want to play golf or fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Ask and you shall receive. Also, I have no issues with people questioning this stuff, we should question it (and it appears that the medical research community is heavily doing that for the vaccines). This is just a brief sampling.

This first one is just a good commentary on RNA vaccines their history and applications outside of COVID. I also searched the authors and I would consider them to be experts in this field:

https://www.cell.com/molecular-thera...showall%3Dtrue

This one is from a the journal of Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology (Peer Reviewed) and does a really good job (IMO) of explaining how the different types of vaccines work (including RNA) as well as the process of development and testing the vaccines:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...3.2020.1837867

This is a CDC publication on the 'First Month of COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Monitoring - United States, December 14, 2020 - January 13, 2021 - Published February 26, 2021:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...edium=referral

This is a pre-print from the Mayo Clinic (meaning it is recently completed research and has not been peer reviewed or published) on the safety of the Moderna and Pfizer/BioNtech vaccines that was posted February 27, 2021:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1252134v3.full

Again, this is just a sampling of what is currently out there (new data is constantly coming out). I will also add that there are articles (in peer reviewed journals) which express concern over how rapidly the vaccines were developed. But, they are not offering any data (obviously because data has just recently come into existence), just concern that the traditional timeframes within phases of development and testing were not followed.

In addition to this, all of my anecdotal evidence (this is specific to my experience, yours may differ) points to the vaccines being safe. That anecdotal evidence consists of multiple doctors and a bunch of nurses who are either family members or good friends who have all had the vaccines and did not hesitate to get them.

Whether we like it or not, agree with it or not, think it is completely stupid or not, our world (specifically on an economic level) is not going to get back to any type of normal until the pandemic level illness of COVID-19 goes away. How does it go away? Herd Immunity. How does that happen? Either enough of the population gets the virus or gets vaccinated. I see the solution in vaccinations (which will also mean a lot less death). If you see it in letting the virus run its course, that's fine too, we can agree to disagree.

My frustration overall (and I think tooths as well - no I am not his alias, I actually like to think of myself as the less grumpy weekend version of him...) is that I am basing my decision on all this off of the data and information available to me, and in my opinion, making an informed decision and I am called a sheep, lemming, pawn, whatever, by several people on here who offer nothing credible to counter my decision. Instead they retreat to insults and name calling or a word vomit post with no actual counter point which has unfortunately taken the place of substantive debate in the world we live in.
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sorry for your loss. There's no sense of decorum and decency anymore.
    And that is just from normal people. There are plenty out there now whose sole intent is to lower our standards of morality, security, and quality of life. I am not sure which camp is more delusional, the ones who think that we will vote our way out of this, or the ones who think that we will fight our way out...

Guilty from time to time. Thanks for the reminder. Very sorry for your loss and sorry you had to view that protest.

Very sorry for your loss, Roddie.
    -Samuel Adams

Thanks fellas
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Sorry for your loss Roddie, and sorry you had to be subjected to a bunch of idiots protesting at a funeral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

or on the internet

Yea sorry for the loss of your uncle. The world is full of dumbasses, you handled that much better than I would have.