Thread: Gun Safe Dehumidifier

Default Gun Safe Dehumidifier

What are you using? I have been using one of those rod dehumidifiers but curious as to what’s out there as far as alternatives. I got a deal on a 14 gun safe and the place I am putting it offers a small challenge due to its proximity to the nearest power outlet. Anyone use the silica cans or other non-electric options?

I have a golden rod and a evadri i think its called.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Extension cord. I am not organized enough to remember to routinely bake the silica dry.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I’ve got all the alumina desiccant you can stand.

Works well.

I have a goldenrod in one and desiccant cans in the other.

Link button won’t work but Amazon but Waykar commercial dehumidifier is the product.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Extension cord. I am not organized enough to remember to routinely bake the silica dry.
    Pretty sure this is going to have to be the answer. I am not organized at all.

A low cost option are dehumidifiers/ moisture control tubs sold at Dollar Tree. I have tried them out and they last on average around two months, not bad for a buck.