Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prayers needed

prayers sent!

Sent from here
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Sent from here

Prayers sent.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Thanks for the prayers guys. My mother in law said he had a talk with God at 3:00 Sunday morning while sitting on the front porch staring at the stars and told him she had to be able to eat to be able to fight. She was then able to go in and eat some grits and toast without any negative effect.

Prayers for all of you. Also, peace and comfort for your MIL. cancer is cruel. Take pictures for everyone’s sake. Your wife and children will love having them in the future.

Ya'll have our prayers.

For perspective...My step-mom beat breast cancer 10 years or so ago. The cancer came back 2 years ago and is slowly taking over her brain. She's lost the use of her right hand and has Gamma Knife surgeries about have 4 months to slow the growth of new tumors.

She told me she will be on chemo the rest of her life but is always happy, upbeat, despite a dose of that vile shit every two weeks. During Covid, she has been confined to the house except for biweekly trips to MUSC and Duke.

At the onset she was given two months to live and that was two years ago. Keep praying. I do and like to think they help.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton