Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rifle/Ammo Post is gone?

Agreed.

So legally I won the bid since I was first to reply "I'll take it" to the post... Oh well. I did send him a pm after I replied to the post as well that was never answered.

One day I'll get to purchase something on here. I am always a few minutes too slow on the good stuff.

I like to sell my stuff to whomever I want to, but I try to be fair and
    mostly use the time stamp on pm's and open thread replies. I have no issues w PM in buying and selling.
    Now with that said, I have been on the wrong end of trying to buy something on here also
    and much to my surprise, my life went on.

If he agreed to sell it to you then it yours over the other dude’s “I’m interested” PM, but if he claims someone got it in a PM before you then it’s someone else’s. That’s the conundrum, we have no control over PM’s as it is and everything is left to the character of the seller.

And Rick makes a good point as well, it’s the seller’s goods so can he or can he not sell it to whomever he chooses? There’s good arguments for and against every option. But, at the end of the day every option seems to brig the same amount of headache to the site management.

I have bought and sold a lot of stuff in here,
    I absolutely hate a "I am interested" or a "let me check on something" reply. Just muddy water then for everyone involved.
    Nothing is sold in my opinion until "I'll take it" or "sold" is sent or posted and then I use the time stamp to determine the rightful buyer.

Have you considered that not everyone wants to publicly post their name in today's world that they are the one who 'wants it', e.g., to buy a gun?

I know there have been a few times on the TP when I've been the first to say I'd buy something and find out later it was sold to someone else (at a higher price) even though the item was promised to me. But what are you going to do? The only solution would be to get the seller banned, but getting a Mod to do anything in the TP is like pulling hen's teeth, so that's not much of an option.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    I've said this should happen for years. Even if the poster doesn't give enough information on the item, why not ask on open forum for more details? I've also been the first to respond " I'll take it" only to lose out to a "bigger name" on scducks that supposedly responded via pm, but I knew better.
    I don't sell or buy much stuff on here anymore since I moved from SC and logistics are tougher, but I used to sell and buy a good bit before I moved. More times than it should have, I'd have someone post "I'll take it", and then I ended up holding it for some stupid amount of time or they never showed up to begin with. It got to be a headache with selling stuff on here. I'll admit I passed on several people saying "I'll take it" to sell it to someone I knew or who was closer to where I was, because I knew those people would show up or the logistics wouldn't be difficult to handle.

And I also have no problem with the seller of the rifle and ammo pulling the listing (if that happened) once he realized it was bad pricing. What's wrong with figuring out you have it priced way too low and pulling the listing? Now if he came to an agreement with a buyer and then backed out, that's one thing, but if he never agreed to sell it to someone and pulled the listing, I don't see a problem with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    More times than it should have, I'd have someone post "I'll take it", and then I ended up holding it for some stupid amount of time or they never showed up to begin with. It got to be a headache with selling stuff on here. I'll admit I passed on several people saying "I'll take it" to sell it to someone I knew or who was closer to where I was, because I knew those people would show up or the logistics wouldn't be difficult to handle.
    That right there.

I've always had good luck selling to folks on here but transactions can draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag out.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That right there.

I've always had good luck selling to folks on here but transactions can draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag out.
    Post a good deal on something:

Potential Buyer: I'll take it!

Me: Cool, when do you want to pick it up and pay?

Potential Buyer: I live 4 hours away, I only travel on the first full moon of the month, and I can't pay you until I've saved enough pennies from the ash tray in my truck.

Me: I'm going to offer it to the next person.

Potential Buyer: But I said "I'll take it first", it's legally mine!

2021 Tater is...the voice of reason for all members at SC Ducks regardless of race, color or creed.

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    2021 Tater is...the voice of reason for all members at SC Ducks regardless of race, color or creed.
    God help us all.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Anytime a shotgun I want is posted I just assume Nick has already beat me to it.

IMO the seller should reserve the right to sell who they want to because they dont want to sit on it for ever, but I will give props to the Squatty shuttle and what ever else members have worked out amoung themselves. I know I've muled a ton of shit for people and leaned on folks for the same. Figure it's a value add to the site.

My trigger finger gets itchy when someone breaks a commit to buy, or accepts an offer then takes a higher offer from another member... or is outright fraudulent misrepresentative of goods or intentions.

It's also hard making rules for something that's common sense. Offer a good, accept payment, receive goods in a mutually acceptable period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Post a good deal on something:

Potential Buyer: I'll take it!

Me: Cool, when do you want to pick it up and pay?

Potential Buyer: I live 4 hours away, I only travel on the first full moon of the month, and I can't pay you until I've saved enough pennies from the ash tray in my truck.

Me: I'm going to offer it to the next person.

Potential Buyer: But I said "I'll take it first", it's legally mine!
    Or..."I'll take it" on the post, then they want to haggle, dodge shipping $, etc via PM. If "you'll take it", that means "you'll take it" how it's listed for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Anytime a shotgun I want is posted I just assume Nick has already beat me to it.
    this right here.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and it should be noted that Gbelly started the PM shit. That's why he got docked a week's moderator pay last year.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

There is nothing in the rules that states anyone has to sell an item to the first person that says they will take it. It only says once the transaction has been agreed upon by both parties, that both parties honor their word.
    Given how low the price was set on this item instead of saying I will buy it, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and asked if he really meant to list it for $600. I further stated, in exact words, I am interested if so please text me and gave my number which I Didn’t want to put on public forum. I understand my wording did not say I will buy it, but thats what I meant. I have bought and sold things on here and those transactions occur smoothly, as agreed upon, and within days of finalizing transaction. I was more than willing to drive 2 hours one way the following morning to complete transaction.
    I have also delivered a few items for folks as well, including firearms without issue. Without K west explaining his end all I can think is someone he knew better on the site bought it from him or he just said it was sold pending funds to remove the listing. He also had a bow fishing set up on the post and I guess he decided he didn’t need to sell that item as it was more beneficial to take the post down altogether.
    Was I disappointed that I didn’t get to buy the package he was offering? Sure. Would I have liked for him to respond? Yes. Did it affect me for more than 5 minutes? No. Moving on with my life. I only wanted the ammo and would have turned right around and sold the rifle to a friend that has been looking for one. Shit happens. Not the way I would have handled it if I was the seller, but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how much of this bitching it will take before the Trading Post gets taken down?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk