Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle/Ammo Post is gone?

Default Rifle/Ammo Post is gone?

I'm guessing that someone else must have been the first to send a message about the rifle and 750 rounds of ammo? I was the first to respond on the ad? I can't find it now.

Somebody probably beat you with a pm
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

He realized it was a great deal and crawfished is my guess. Don't let jab find out....

I think he made a mistake. Clearly had no idea of the value.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    What was it?
    If you would not work so hard and spend more time wasting your day on here you would know...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I'm guessing that someone else must have been the first to send a message about the rifle and 750 rounds of ammo? I was the first to respond on the ad? I can't find it now.
    He “supposedly” sold it, I sent a Pm less than 5 mins after it was posted to text me and provided a number and I’m guessing
    somebody beat me to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    What was it?
    PSA basic AR15, 5 mags, and 750 rounds of ammo for $600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I sent a pm as well but no harm. Someone got a good deal and I'm glad for them.

He left way too much on the table. I hope someone told him and he canceled it. Some of y’all should be ashamed of yourselves. I’m the first one that’s looking for a good deal but that boy was clearly going to get raped on that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    He left way too much on the table. I hope someone told him and he canceled it. Some of y’all should be ashamed of yourselves. I’m the first one that’s looking for a good deal but that boy was clearly going to get raped on that situation.
    I told him the ammo alone was worth $600 + at today’s rates.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Why should anyone be ashamed for offering to pay someone what they asked for their property?

They shouldn’t. At the same time, everyone saying he was going to get raped would be singing a different tune if they were the one he made the deal with then he backed out of it. I don’t know that that’s what happened, but I do know he said “sold”, but didn’t mention who it was sold to.

This brings up another good point. The first reply (of substance) was a simple “PM sent”. The last reply was after the OP said “sold”, it was by the same person who made the first reply and it said “told you I was interested”. This is totally unrelated to anything y’all are questioning, but saying you’re interested loses to “I’ll take it” all day every day.

We’ve debated multiple times getting rid of PMs in the TP altogether because they are indeed “Private” so it becomes a “he said, she said” unless one of the parties make it public. We have no control over that. What we do have control over is the typed words in a post and the first “I’ll take it” is the rightful buyer. PMs lead to some unscrupulous shit going down every now and then and someone getting screwed over.

Tater, you make good points, but if someone is going to be an unscrupulous seller, despite any new PM rules, he/she could still do it and claim the item was sold via a cross-post to another site, etc.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I’ve sent a pm to folks that have posted guns well below FMV to take guns down many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    They shouldn’t. At the same time, everyone saying he was going to get raped would be singing a different tune if they were the one he made the deal with then he backed out of it. I don’t know that that’s what happened, but I do know he said “sold”, but didn’t mention who it was sold to.

This brings up another good point. The first reply (of substance) was a simple “PM sent”. The last reply was after the OP said “sold”, it was by the same person who made the first reply and it said “told you I was interested”. This is totally unrelated to anything y’all are questioning, but saying you’re interested loses to “I’ll take it” all day every day.

We’ve debated multiple times getting rid of PMs in the TP altogether because they are indeed “Private” so it becomes a “he said, she said” unless one of the parties make it public. We have no control over that. What we do have control over is the typed words in a post and the first “I’ll take it” is the rightful buyer. PMs lead to some unscrupulous shit going down every now and then and someone getting screwed over.
    I sent a PM 2 minutes after K west posted the item and was first to respond. I asked: Are you selling the gun, the mags, and the ammo for $600?? If so I am interested please feel free to text me. Provided my number and got no response. Due to the asking price I was not sure if it was a typo so wanted clarification. I don’t know the guy so I figured a couple minute discussion would be feasible given the item for sale. He never responded to me, several others jumped in with interest as well and then he posted sold pending funds and I am guessing he deleted the post.
    So apparently the item was never really for sale to me even though he posted that it was. Im not losing sleep over it, but did think it was pretty lame. Saved me a trip to Florence today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“I’m interested, feel free to text me” isn’t buying something, you understand that, right? No part of that reserves the item for you.

“I’m interested, feel free to text me” isn’t buying something, you understand that, right? No part of that reserves the item for you.
    Im not going to waste time defending this subject any further. Simple as I wanted to buy it, wanted to be sure he was actually wanted to sell what he posted for the price he posted, and wanted to talk. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because it would have been a hell of a deal doesn't mean the guy was getting raped. I assume he purchased it when prices were low so $600 wouldn't have really been losing his shirt, it's just that he can get more.

I've said this should happen for years. Even if the poster doesn't give enough information on the item, why not ask on open forum for more details? I've also been the first to respond " I'll take it" only to lose out to a "bigger name" on scducks that supposedly responded via pm, but I knew better.