Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Camera Suggestions

Sony Handycam. I use one for work all the time and it works great. Simple operation and it doesn’t weigh much. It also does pretty well in low light conditions.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Here's what a HD Sony HandyCam video looks and sounds like.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Nice shot. Gracious.

Canon has a little vlog camera that shoots in 4K that is light and in a refurb model is under $500

I shoot with a canon G40 and love it. Tons of features, shoots in HD, but not 4K.

Here's the link to the vlog camera. 40x optical zoom also

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/c...sx740-hs-black

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Or I can relive it by watching it again. Ive enjoyed going back and watching some of my bow hunts from the past couple years and the videos I’ve taken of my buddies killing turkeys. I would just prefer to have some more quality footage. But to each his own.....
    Understandable I guess haha! Not big on pictures or videos myself. I am not the one in my hunting group to take the pictures or videos for that matter! I have always just like enjoying the moment for what it is!!! Reading this reminds me of one of my first trips to Arkansas and just watching the ducks for the first few minutes just in awwww at the numbers. I can see how one would want that on film i guess.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 03-05-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Understandable I guess haha! Not big on pictures or videos myself. I am not the one in my hunting group to take the pictures or videos for that matter! I have always just like enjoying the moment for what it is!!! Reading this reminds me of one of my first trips to Arkansas and just watching the ducks for the first few minutes just in awwww at the numbers. I can see how one would want that on film i guess.
    There's validity to what you said. I love filming. I HATE editing. Hate. It. But this past deer season put the camera up and took a break. We had A LOT of change happen last year, fall and winter especially. My time in the woods got cut exponentially and like you said, I just wanted to be there in the moment. I think I filmed maybe 3-4 hunts, got 2 or three kill shots on film and unless someone stole 'em all of it is still sitting on the SD cards unedited. I thought about editing some yesterday but decided against it in favor of being outside and shooting with the kiddos.

The next rainy day I may do it. Who knows.

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I’m not the kind of person to pass up a shot opportunity due to not having the camera on either, I just enjoy going back and watching some of the hunts. I’m a hunter first and foremost not a videographer.

A4D2EBE7-B5AB-4F0B-895B-0562BD6DD14C.jpg

A screenshot from a hunt last year that I wish I had better footage of. But the tactacam mounted on my bow was better than nothing.

...just in awwww at the numbers....
    Haha

I can't really help with camera suggestions. I can recommend B and H Photography for purchase. It's a store in NY city that has a good website and experts on hand that can answer questions. They have a great used department on their website. If you don't mind being a generation or two behind on technology, you can get good deals. I've used them for home and work and they've always been good. Their prices are in line with anybody else. Your $500.00 would go a long ways on something used.