Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready! Aim! Fire!

Default Ready! Aim! Fire!

South Carolina adds firing squad to list of execution methods
    The Senate approved the bill on a key 32-11 vote

A Republican and a Democrat, both former prosecutors, proposed adding the firing squad.

The Democratic former prosecutor said it is evident in a Republican dominated state like South Carolina where the GOP gained extra seats in November that the death penalty can’t be abolished like Virginia did last month.

"The death penalty is going to stay the law here for a while. If it is going to remain, it ought to be humane," said state Sen. Dick Harpootlian, who said hanging is brutal and often leads to decapitation and in electrocution, the condemned "are burned to death."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sou...cution-methods

LOL, don’t they know there’s an ammo shortage?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Don’t mean shit if they won’t shoot the roof kid.

When’s the last time someone was executed in sc? Don’t worry, I’ll wait....the electric chair has been on the approved list.
    There has been no power shortage.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 03-04-2021 at 09:40 AM.

SC needs to be running that chair hot daily. I read only 3 people have been sent to death row since 2011. These judges and prosecutors need to stop handing out plea deals like they are candy.

where do you sign up and do you have to bring your own ammo?

asking for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Don’t mean shit if they won’t shoot the roof kid.
    Volunteers would not be hard to find...

I only have target loads. It may hurt a little before they succumb. Hope that's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Volunteers would not be hard to find...
    I’d like to do it with my hands around that sun bitchs throat. I’m still pissed the Shelby popo didn’t kill him.

I wish they would fire that thing up and use it, Texas kills people like a finely operated packing plant yet we can't get a drug to use for lethal injection. They made an electric chair for a reason it's logical that if one method cannot be used to skip it and go to plan B. I suppose that would be unfair to the killers and rapists on death row though ..... gotta care about them too.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

there's a reason why less personal means of execution were invented: to lessen the negative after-effects on those required to deliver sentence. We all want to say we'd be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino and sleep like babies afterwards but if you recall later in the movie, he was more candid about what it feels like to kill a person. He said something like, "Believe me...you don't wanna know."

I'm not interested in sparing the person convicted but only those required to deliver sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    there's a reason why less personal means of execution were invented: to lessen the negative after-effects on those required to deliver sentence. We all want to say we'd be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino and sleep like babies afterwards but if you recall later in the movie, he was more candid about what it feels like to kill a person. He said something like, "Believe me...you don't wanna know."

I'm not interested in sparing the person convicted but only those required to deliver sentence.
    That’s the whole reason it should be done by volunteers. No one will be forced to do it as an employee and there will always be people willing to fill the need.

Heck, why not ask the family of the victims if they would like to carry it out. In most cases, this would help the family in dealing with closure and they would gladly participate.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 03-04-2021 at 10:20 AM.

I feel like a cinder block wall and a remotely operated weapon in place of a firing squad would do the trick just as well as sticking someone with a needle and pushing drugs, either way you're killing someone either indirectly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    That’s the whole reason it should be done by volunteers. No one will be forced to do it as an employee and there will always be people willing to fill the need.
    You'd run out of volunteers eventually. The nazis didn't go to gas chambers simply because it was more efficient. Shootings turned volunteers into either sadists, neurotics, or substance abusers. Fact.

Read about Erich Musfeldt [sadist] or Erich Von Dem Bach [neurotic] as two of the most famous examples.

For those interested, Muhsfeldt is portrayed by Harvey Keitel in the horrifically realistic portrayal of Auschwitz in "The Grey Zone," which is free with commercials on IMDB TV.

Muhsfeldt murdered thousands of jewish victims personally with a gun by his own hand during his career at various extermination centers in Poland. Miklos Nyslizli, a Hungarian Jewish pathologist who survived Auschwitz by doing "research" for SS Doctor Mengele, wrote in his memoirs that Muhsfeldt suffered frequent headaches and was a functional alcoholic.

I’d like to do it with my hands around that sun bitchs throat. I’m still pissed the Shelby popo didn’t kill him.
    Yep. He supposedly lived across the street from a store that I went into 5 days a week. No way I wouldn't have been standing in line beside him at some point, but never heard of him, nor had anyone else in a community that generally knows everyone's business all the time...

You'd run out of volunteers eventually. The nazis didn't go to gas chambers simply because it was more efficient. Shootings turned volunteers into either sadists, neurotics, or substance abusers. Fact.

Read about Erich Musfeldt [sadist] or Erich Von Dem Bach [neurotic] as two of the most famous examples.

For those interested, Muhsfeldt is portrayed by Harvey Keitel in the horrifically realistic portrayal of Auschwitz in "The Grey Zone," which is free with commercials on IMDB TV.

Muhsfeldt murdered thousands of jewish victims personally with a gun by his own hand during his career at various extermination centers in Poland. Miklos Nyslizli, a Hungarian Jewish pathologist who survived Auschwitz by doing "research" for SS Doctor Mengele, wrote in his memoirs that Muhsfeldt suffered frequent headaches and was a functional alcoholic.
    That is not a fair assessment. That is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, killing for the sake of killing and during genocide would most likely have a psychological impact on a person. Killing someone who’s due for committing heinous crimes against humans and humanity is totally different. Humans understand death when it is done rightly. Killing someone who deserves it is no different from killing a coyote in a trap. Life is life.

The Nazi's were killing innocent people Men, women, and children included by the thousands. The states situation is entirely different you can't possibly compare executing the 37 death row prisoners properly tried, convicted and sentenced to death through due process to the genocide committed by the Nazi party.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    That is not a fair assessment. That is like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, killing for the sake of killing and during genocide would most likely have a psychological impact on a person. Killing someone who’s due for committing heinous crimes against humans and humanity is totally different. Humans understand death when it is done rightly. Killing someone who deserves it is no different from killing a coyote in a trap. Life is life.
    As much as I’d like to kill that roof bitch, killing a person is nothing like a coyote or any animal! How many humans have you killed? Why do you think vets struggle? The people they have killed absolutely fit your description.

As much as I’d like to kill that roof bitch, killing a person is nothing like a coyote or any animal! How many humans have you killed? Why do you think vets struggle? The people they have killed absolutely fit your description.
    I’m no psychologist nor am I going to give my opinion in your example but what do you think has the greatest psychological impact. Being in a danger zone over a prolonged period of time where you worry about being killed, captured, tortured, maimed yourself or the taking of another life?

Killing is killing. I dont want to do it, I will...but I dont.

I am generally opposed to the state killing folks. "with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" --Mark 4:24

I feel like a true mete of justice would be to allow the victims or closest relatives to determine the fate of the convicted and manner of death, and first dibs so to speak.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton