Thread: Releasing hydraulic pressure

Default Releasing hydraulic pressure

When using a grapple implement, or any other implement for that matter, how do you release the hydraulic pressure from the hoses before you detach it so that you can hook the hoses up easily next time.

Why have a Kubota implement that is a bitch to attach after we have removed it to use the bucket/stump jerker/ or whatever we need. We have to unscrew fittings to release the pressure to hook the grapple back up. I'd think this should be easier.

Thanks.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    When using a grapple implement, or any other implement for that matter, how do you release the hydraulic pressure from the hoses before you detach it so that you can hook the hoses up easily next time.

Why have a Kubota implement that is a bitch to attach after we have removed it to use the bucket/stump jerker/ or whatever we need. We have to unscrew fittings to release the pressure to hook the grapple back up. I'd think this should be easier.

Thanks.
    someone on here is going to say the highlighted part is your issue. I had a skid steer at work that was the same way when putting the broom attachment or backhoe attachment on but it was a John Deere skid steer.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Any attachment of any brand can be a bitch. The only way I have found it is to do what you did
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

all brands sometimes require wrenches

Sometimes I have to loosen the quick-connect to let off some pressure before reconnecting to the tractor......sometimes.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Every machine is different, some have levers right beside the hookups. Quite common to have to crack the fittings loose though to reconnect.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Does your hydraulic control unit have a ‘Float’ position on it to allow your bucket to just naturally follow the soil contour? If so, try putting/holding the control lever there as I believe it should ease the pressure in the system. I’d verify it, but my float isn’t working because the unit needs a rebuild.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I thought it was as simple as turning off the tractor after you set the implement down, but leaving key on, then pressing the operating buttons. Just took delivery of my Kioti and he demonstrated this with that exact warning that it would be a bitch to get back on if you didn't. we did it successfully after demonstration. That might be specific to Kioti third function controller, though.
    Last edited by everlast; 03-04-2021 at 07:31 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    I thought it was as simple as turning off the tractor after you set the implement down, but leaving key on, then pressing the operating buttons. Just took delivery of my Kioti and he demonstrated this with that exact warning that it would be a bitch to get back on if you didn't. we did it successfully after demonstration. That might be specific to Kioti third function controller, though.
    This is how my machine works but it’s not a Kubota.

On every machine Ive run after you turn it off and set everything on the ground if you wiggle the handle/lever before unhooking it relieves the pressure. Got a Kubota r530 loader and it works like a charm. Works on cat backhoes, case tractors, john deere skid steers, hell ive run a bunch of them and never had to get a wrench unless a fitting was fucked up.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 03-04-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Yep.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You are going to have to crack them loose every now and then. When you take them off always lock the male and female into each other. It seems like that helps to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

As mentioned, Sometimes even the quick attachments require wrenches. Take your wrenches and loosen the quick coupler.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    On every machine Ive run after you turn it off if you wiggle the handle/lever before unhooking it relieves the pressure. Got a Kubota r530 loader and it works like a charm.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    On every machine Ive run after you turn it off if you wiggle the handle/lever before unhooking it relieves the pressure. Got a Kubota r530 loader and it works like a charm.
    This, but sometimes you still have to crack them loose. Just leave 2 wrenches on the tractor.
    For the ducks

I have always done the trick with wiggling the levers and pushing buttons- but every brand I have owned/used/rented with hyd attachments eventually needs wrenches.
    The hotter the hyd oil- the more likely a wrench will be needed.
    Kubota, Cat, Deere, Komatsu, Bobcat, Case- all have done it.

Never used a kioti.

Same issue on my Kubota L. I've cycled the 3rd function to relieve pressure with limited results. I sometimes have to crack the fittings to get the grapple hooked up. Have no idea why its sometimes. It's a PIA

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Does your hydraulic control unit have a ‘Float’ position on it to allow your bucket to just naturally follow the soil contour? If so, try putting/holding the control lever there as I believe it should ease the pressure in the system. I’d verify it, but my float isn’t working because the unit needs a rebuild.
    Not that I know of.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I have always done the trick with wiggling the levers and pushing buttons- but every brand I have owned/used/rented with hyd attachments eventually needs wrenches.
    The hotter the hyd oil- the more likely a wrench will be needed.
    Kubota, Cat, Deere, Komatsu, Bobcat, Case- all have done it.

Never used a kioti.
    We have tried to move levers after shutting it down to relieve pressure. No help. The first few times things were a little difficult but workable. Now we have to crack the threads loose to get it to relax. I am thinking it will be easier to do down where the hose ends are attached to the implement and thereby easier to turn than on the loose hose.