Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S 0556. Edits and changes to trapping law bill

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I can already see the mob formed by the equine trail riding crowd to lynch the dumb-dumb responsible for maiming their nag.
    I didn't see this post. It will be true. DNR had to put in a huge turn around area in the Wateree WMA to accommodate the horse folks who turned how in force during the planning times for this WMA. I have yet to see a horse out there. They have all kinds of trails that are designated as non horse trails probably for fear of a horse being mistaken for a deer by our club members.

Another new thing at this particular WMA, the Palmetto Trail is coming through. How long before one of those folks steps into a trap. We are worried they won't stick to the trail along our club and I would think the same for the WMA.
    Last edited by rp; 03-04-2021 at 01:46 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

ahhhh.....never mind....
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 03-04-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ahhhh.....never mind....
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    I didn't see this post. It will be true. DNR had to put in a huge turn around area in the Wateree WMA to accommodate the horse folks who turned how in force during the planning times for this WMA. I have yet to see a horse out there. They have all kinds of trails that are designated as non horse trails probably for fear of a horse being mistaken for a deer by our club members.

Another new thing at this particular WMA, the Palmetto Trail is coming through. How long before one of those folks steps into a trap. We are worried they won't stick to the trail along our club and I would think the same for the WMA.
    No horses will be maimed. Traps cannot be over 5 & 3/4 inches in diameter. Horse hoofs are bigger than than. Even so, their big hoof is hard and would slide right out. Deer are not even maimed by foot hold traps. Now, that horse might jump and throw your ass off getting spooked by a snapping trap but I don’t ride those damn things so it doesn’t matter to me.

Silly legislators playing wildlife managers again. This will not happen. It is like coyote bounty bills.

Very few coyotes if any get out of an enclosure. Have more trouble with coyotes trying to get in an enclosure than out. Coyotes become democrats after the first month being in an enclosure. They have free housing and food. They live off the government (pen owner). Most pen owners ban the nuts on male coyotes. So if they were to get out they won’t contribute to reproducing. A lot of enclosures have high number of coyotes on the outside because when the females come in heat the males will travel trying to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Very few coyotes if any get out of an enclosure. Have more trouble with coyotes trying to get in an enclosure than out. Coyotes become democrats after the first month being in an enclosure. They have free housing and food. They live off the government (pen owner). Most pen owners ban the nuts on male coyotes. So if they were to get out they won’t contribute to reproducing. A lot of enclosures have high number of coyotes on the outside because when the females come in heat the males will travel trying to find them.
    I've had dog enclosures fortified like Auschwitz-Birkenau and still had dogs get out. I doubt my dogs are better at it or more motivated than a coyote.

Coyotes try to get in? Why not make a one-way gate so they can?

The coyote population is high around enclosures because they want to get in? Yea, right.

It’s actually not uncommon for some males to get in the pens during breeding season. Getting out is a different story since the majority of pen owners take the precaution of double and triple stranding hot wire on the inside. The coyotes are an investment that pen owners don’t want getting out , so every precaution is taken. Not all people who run coyotes are toothless uneducated hicks that are worthy of pitchfork condemnation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    No horses will be maimed. Traps cannot be over 5 & 3/4 inches in diameter. Horse hoofs are bigger than than. Even so, their big hoof is hard and would slide right out. Deer are not even maimed by foot hold traps. Now, that horse might jump and throw your ass off getting spooked by a snapping trap but I don’t ride those damn things so it doesn’t matter to me.
    What if my big azz is on a pony? Horse and dog people always stirring up trouble
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've had dog enclosures fortified like Auschwitz-Birkenau and still had dogs get out. I doubt my dogs are better at it or more motivated than a coyote.

Coyotes try to get in? Why not make a one-way gate so they can?

The coyote population is high around enclosures because they want to get in? Yea, right.
    So you don’t have any first hand experience but you know how hard it is to keep a coyote enclosed? Ive had dogs that wanted to be escape artist myself but they were quickly trained to play by my rules. If it wasn’t considered trapping I would build a walk board or a hinged gate. But then you also get unwanted critters also. And yes more digging on the outside of the enclosure I help with than on inside. Once they hit one of the strands of hot wire they will quickly move on. Once they figure out that they are getting fed at 1:30 each day they migrate that way. No need for them to leave and have to work for a meal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post

That's assuming some Tom, Dick, or Harry will know what the law is, especially if they don't have to buy a license. I could seen them just looking online for a coyote trap and rolling in with some #5 trap or a fist full of snares that said "for coyotes."