Thread: Small pond

Default Small pond

I’ve got a small pond on my property that I’m in the process of cleaning up around and want to get most of the leaf buildup out. I did order some aquacide pellets for it and have been slowing getting the duckweed out. The pond is under a 1/4 acre if I had to guess. It’s about 7-8ft deep in the center and is donut shaped. I pre ordered 200 bluegills and 2 carp to start off with. What’s the best option to getting all the debris and sludge off the bottom. Obliviously I can removed all the limbs and such by hand and drag an anchor.
    867-5309

You could rent a trash pump pretty cheap and remove the filter. Run the discharge over that little rise and pump as much of the muck off the bottom until you get tired of it...

You need to find the guy that's dropping trees into it and make him stop that shit.

If those are your boys, give me shout when it warms up and the bream start biting.

Can you drain it?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Excavator could muck it out and clear it all at once.

"clean the muck out"? is that the same as "make the pond deeper"?
    You would need an excavator.
    you aint doing that by hand, especially when it becomes dead duckweed and mud.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.