Thread: Zoysia grass question

Default Zoysia grass question

New sod bed layer in 2019....between two busy kids and two dogs the grass in backyard is pretty jacked up.

I have a rolling spiked aerator at the farm.... I am thinking about areating it then applying a pre emerge

Full of clover patches and other bare spots

Thoughts before I screw up my yard?

I'd rent a plug aerator.

Spray the clover, per emerge isn't going to work on that. But pre emerge will help with the other stuff that hasn't popped up yet.

For the bare spots, loosen the soil and work in mushroom compost. Keep that up and your zoysia will come back. My MIL yard was jacked up like you described and this is how I brought it back.

Get some barricade on it now and your choice of fertilizer once its warms up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by beech View Post
    Get some barricade on it now and your choice of fertilizer once its warms up a little.
    I know several people that are already tossing out fertilizer because they talked with both Clemson and NC State extensions and they are saying that for most parts of the state that the ground temperature never really got that cold so you don't have to wait as long as years past. I am no expert in this but I'm sure Feetdown and if infinite grass wisdom will be along shortly

Feet down knows Zoysia grass.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-03-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Plant a tomato plant where there’s bare spots, you will have grass growing all over that sumbitch.

Reel right gave you good advice unless you’re going to go with mine and Taters preferred method. Also agree with beech on the barricade. It’s a little late, but it won’t hurt to go ahead and apply it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.