Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So why is there an ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    bots? not a clue what that is
    Here Doc!
    noun
    an autonomous program on the internet or another network that can interact with systems or users.
    "you can program your bot to store data in the database of your choice"
    (chiefly in science fiction) a robot.
    "we have maintenance bots in there"
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Went to the largest gun and ammo retailer over here yesterday. PMC 9mm 124 grain FMJ - $49.00 per 50 round box - limit two. Everyone in line had their two. There was maybe 25 boxes left on the otherwise empty shelf. Folks were clamoring to grab those.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Question is what would someone pay for 9mm or 5.56 or anything else for that matter..... As long as people will buy it the price will go up....
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Because they are afraid. ( and didn't plan well)..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

and are idiots
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

haaa, at least they're not dealing with bourbon searchers.

I've got enough for a couple years on doves, my life on deer basically, and several on ducks if they keep on acting boogery.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

I've got enough for a couple years on doves, my life on deer basically, and several on ducks if they keep on acting boogery.
    I am right there with you...

I'm good to go for a year, maybe two on most things. If I continue to hunt upland birds, I might be good for a decade, if not longer.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Yeah its insane.. Purchased an AR at PSA this summer and while in their I watched at least 6 or 7 others purchase an AR just when I went to look.... I went in 3 different times looking at different guns and each time I watched the same.... People walk in... No questions... Pick up one of the 5.56 or 223 and yeah I want this one....... Was gonna wait until they do their sale around July 4th but was told that they are had no plans on doing a sale as long as items were walking off the self..... So I got one early summer while it was still at a some what reasonable price... Last time I check the same gun was not a few hundred dollars more and listed out of stock for awhile.... Did notice while the shelves looked empty somehow they always had one more left in the back..... ahahah
    Their site consistently says out of stock and both times I was looking for a particular gun it was on the shelf in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you can regulate guns out of the hands of the citizenry, make them paperweights by disrupting ammo production.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

so, the .gov created the ammo shortage on purpose?

how many of you ran out to buy 22 bullets years ago when there was a shortage?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Noir posted Nosler’s reasoning/defense of the shortage yesterday...

Last edited by DoubleSprig; 03-03-2021 at 11:06 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

For those that may have been asleep for the last year, Remington has not been producing any ammunition since last summer. They just started back a couple weeks ago but I hear they are only at 10% capacity right now.

On top of that you had a lot of new gun ownership in the past year buying ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    For those that may have been asleep for the last year, Remington has not been producing any ammunition since last summer. They just started back a couple weeks ago but I hear they are only at 10% capacity right now.

On top of that you had a lot of new gun ownership in the past year buying ammo.
    It's a lot of factors, including the Remington bankruptcy. Limited primer production is another big deal. I dont have anything to cite beyond hearsay but I am told that only 2-3 manufacturers make primers. These guys are the ones that are taking advantage of all the other factors to drive up demand and component prices.

That said, we are in a severe shortage and whether intentional or not...the anti's are taking notice.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I know in the case of Federal, they said they are using all the CCI primers they are making for their production line. I assume Winchester is the same way.

The components purchased by reloading is just excess capacity. Right now that excess capacity is being used.

Those with ammo will be the tits once the dollar crashes. It'll provide food, protection & bartering power.

I told all you dummies back in August-September to stock up, that it was going to be a long road.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I stocked up with most everything a few years ago when the Obama era prices dropped the only thing I didn’t plan on was bird shot. I have about 5 cases each of 12 and 20 but shooting clays will burn them up pretty quick.

Shotgun shells are the only thing im worried about- may need to start trading other ammo for 20ga. dove loads.

I stay pretty well stocked up on target loads. I try to keep about 100 flats on hand and probably hovering around 80 flats right now. But it goes fast with as much as I like to shoot.

I've got 3 orders hanging out there for another 100 flats of shells but it may be a month before I see any come in. Once Remington gets back at 100% capacity some of this will start to ease up a bit.