Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local power company tree removal contractor

Default Local power company tree removal contractor

So before I make a fool of myself figured I would do it here or ask here first. Local power company contracts out their power line trimming. They came in this week to my property and knocked down a gate (that wasn't point of access), rutted up my pasture ( no trimming in that general area), rutted up the edge of my driveway (gravel all the way). Can I do anything about this or because they have right away I dont?
    Non Supporting Member

Had the same on my property in Saluda.
    Parked a huge tree cutter in front of my cabin while the hydraulic hose burst. Killed all my grass but figured it was just bad luck and they couldnt help the machine malfunction.
    They got it repaired the next day and then more bullshit was to be had.
    Ran over a 400.00 Deadora cedar I had just planted that was 6k’ tall with 3 support lines coming from it.
    Crossed my creek and got stuck, so then they rutted the hell out of it and finally last but not least, they left all the limbs on the ground they trimmed because the crew had moved on leaving the driver by himself.
    Called Dominion and complained and they said someone would contact me in 4-6 weeks. Told them I was calling DHEC because of the creek damage and a rep from the tree company showed up the next day. Said he would be back in a week to fix the problems and would pick up a new tree at the nursery.
    That was 6 months ago and Ive never heard back, the phone is off and the tree cutter is still broken down on the side of US178.

Contact local power company and ask to speak to the person in charge of contract crews for your district/crew quarter.

David, call Dominion Energy Customer Service and tell them you have an environmental concern and unresolved damages from one of their contract crews. They have ZERO problems backcharging contractors.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-02-2021 at 08:31 PM.

^^^ Good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep The creek deal will get their attn:
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Parked a huge tree cutter in front of my cabin while the hydraulic hose burst. Killed all my grass but figured it was just bad luck and they couldnt help the machine malfunction.
    Ran over a 400.00 Deadora cedar I had just planted that was 6k’ tall with 3 support lines coming from it.
    Crossed my creek and got stuck, so then they rutted the hell out of it and finally last but not least, they left all the limbs on the ground they trimmed because the crew had moved on leaving the driver by himself.
    Called Dominion and complained and they said someone would contact me in 4-6 weeks. Told them I was calling DHEC because of the creek damage and a rep from the tree company showed up the next day. Said he would be back in a week to fix the problems and would pick up a new tree at the nursery.
    That was 6 months ago and Ive never heard back, the phone is off and the tree cutter is still broken down on the side of US178.
    Call the scrap yard and tell em to come get your cutter. Buy a hedgerow of deodars.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I used to run tree trimming crews for Duke in the upstate. My advice would be to call the power company and complain and ask to have it fixed. Keep going up the ladder till something gets done be persistent. We had to go back and fix things many times that my all star tree trimmers tore up.
    More Ducks, Less People

Wannabe loggers.. go figure

Trees, Inc. I think that's what they are called.
    they came in to do some cutting. week later, our place was robbed. no exit. HAD TO BE someone who had access from a neighboring property. so many people with access and no one to blame. they stole over 25 batteries, a trailer, etc. everytime I see them, I think of it...

good luck.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoTrooper View Post
    Pull over every Dominion and tree cutting crew truck. Give them sobriety tests on a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Trees, Inc. I think that's what they are called.
    they came in to do some cutting. week later, our place was robbed. no exit. HAD TO BE someone who had access from a neighboring property. so many people with access and no one to blame. they stole over 25 batteries, a trailer, etc. everytime I see them, I think of it...

good luck.
    How long ago was this?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

ten years or more ago?

a few clubs got broken into the same night.
    people said they would find the culprits but of course nothing ever happened.

maybe johnson or gbelly will remember better than me.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

ten years or more ago?

They drove places they had no business whatsoever going. What a mess.

I actually use to work for a municipality that contracted out tree trimming service. I may be wrong, but technically, that is the power company's property. They can allow you to use it as your own, but when it comes down to it, it's theirs. More than likely, if you bug the right person, politics will eventually get involved and they'll probably come fix your gate and your driveway but as far as the ruts (if they're in the r/w), they probably won't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Call the scrap yard and tell em to come get your cutter. Buy a hedgerow of deodars.
    I like this one the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    I actually use to work for a municipality that contracted out tree trimming service. I may be wrong, but technically, that is the power company's property. They can allow you to use it as your own, but when it comes down to it, it's theirs.
    It's an easement. They don't pay the taxes on the right of way on my property. There was a class action suit they lost for laying fiber in the ROW because it wasn't specified in the easement.

The act like they own it though.

everytime I see them, I think of it...
    I hope you give them a friendly wave as you pass by. I still shoot the rod to every S&ME truck I see and it has been 20 years...

Just got off the phone this morning with Aiken Co-op. Their crew came and messed a road we have up. Start hitting them with erosion control measures.

ten years or more ago?

A place I hunt got hit years back. Trailers, four wheelers and a ranger. They even left a stack.of shit they were trying to get for scrap. February or March if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

For what it's worth figured I'd post the outcome. Called the local power company yesterday and filed a complaint. The tree company came out this morning and assessed the damage and will have the damages repaired by Monday. Went pretty smooth.
    Non Supporting Member