Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nespresso.....

MarshChicken bought one of these, and I make fun of him for it. That's my contribution as a non coffee drinker.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...kaAgXqEALw_wcB

I've been a coffee snob for a loooooooooooong time.

I love a perculated cup of coffee.

Wife bought me a fancy all in one grinding and brewing machine for the river. I love that thing. Perc's water through the grinder. Cleans itself. No stale ground coffee dust. Brews slow, and is an all around delicious cup of coffee.

I dont do expresso's though and I have never found a starbucks flavor I like. Have a neighbor that worked at the roasting plant here in town. She used to bring me huge grocery bags of it as one of her employee percs. I'd trade her fish filets. It was nice to not have to buy it, but was kinda glad when she stopped working there.

My go to is the Costco brand now. Medium roast brewed strong. Coffee is so much better when it's not roasted to death.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

and I have never bought or drank BRC.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

pour over is (IMO) the proper way to make coffee. french press is for manly men, though. more crunch.
    i dont have a scale but the proper grind is important.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'm sure freshly ground coffee is better, but my k cups are idiot proof, convenient, and relatively cheap. If you never try really good coffee, you never know the difference. That's my advice to any one wanting to up their coffee game, just stick with the cheaper stuff.

The new machines at circle K's make a hell of a cup of coffee. I've been to Jamaica a few times and the coffee there is better than most. Blue mountain, green mountain, something like that. My day to day is a walmart coffee shop k cup out of the keurig. Does the job and it's convenient.

If a fella wants really good coffee he would drink coffee brewed at home no matter what the method.
    Coffee from any where else will always be second best.

...unless you suck at making coffee.

BRCC is proof marketing works.

If the same coffee was "Ping Putter Coffee Company" and the guy selling it looked and dressed like HS, nobody would buy it.

But toss in some black guns, boobs, tatts and RAM music and all a sudden everyone is a coffee aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    One can of dip a day and you probably can't even taste the fucking shitty coffee!
    When I was in Nicaragua I got used to drinking the best coffee I had ever tasted now everything taste like I’m settling.

If you don't roast your own beans? Do you even like coffee bro?

And if you don't do pour over coffee you are missing out.

It's coffee.Blacker the better. At moose camp it's boiled in the old style coffee pot coffee with about twice as many grounds of the darkest roast available. Boil it some more . It's good manly coffee. I got the press,perc and drip. All tastes OK to me. Folgers dark roast.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

I wish I could find a picture of those big green 5 gallon cans of coffee we used in the Navy.

You frapp boys would have died drinking that stuff.

Loved that stuff

I'm almost embarrassed to say it but like Starbucks - can't drink anything else at this point. I try to starve the beast as much as possible so I don't go to the store and try to pay as little as possible for the bags and Kerig k-cups.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But toss in some black guns, boobs, tatts and RAM music and all a sudden everyone is a coffee aficionado.
    You forgot the power llama. Tighten up, dude.

Also, you might at least consider not being so hard on HS. He can be sensitive.

Best coffee you will ever drink is made like this. I can still taste the cups I drank from a chuck wagon on top the wolf mtns after branding. That said 2 or 3 mugs from the coffeemaker on the counter suits me everyday

cut\'em

Cowboy Kent is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Best coffee you will ever drink is made like this. I can still taste the cups I drank from a chuck wagon on top the wolf mtns after branding. That said 2 or 3 mugs from the coffeemaker on the counter suits me everyday

I have a perc and lookk forward to my cowboy coffee when afield and the stars align.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE