Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nespresso.....

I blame Starbucks.

The Keurig makes a great cup of hot water for the French Press. Hell I carry a French press in my Turkey vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    If it makes coffee that tastes like that shit Starbucks calls coffee, I definitely don't want one!
    This. How anyone thinks starbucks is good coffee is beyond me. Don't care for burnt beans.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    This. How anyone thinks starbucks is good coffee is beyond me. Don't care for burnt beans.
    I wouldn't know......never been to Starbucks.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I went to one in the bi-lo in Clemson. Starbucks is some nasty shit.

Only had starbucks in the airport.....and it sucks!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Chock full o nuts, and a Bunn for me. Preferably in a styrofoam cup, but I will use the yeti if I’m driving. That said, I’m not scared of a frufru coffee every now and then.
    My folks gave us a Bunn about 8 years ago. Like Salty, I'd have one airdropped if it quit working.

I switched to Bustelo after trying it at a Cuban restaurant in Warner Robbins.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Only had starbucks in the airport.....and it sucks!
    Careful. Richard Edward, DDS loves him some starbucks.

Marginal at best and luke warm because they are afraid of burning somebody. No thanks.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

If you get Nespresso, watch your amazon account. Wife and friends/family can easily drink over $50/week of that foamy crap.

Comes out to about $2/cup with taxes.

Y’all mofo’s are crazy. Ain’t nothing better than a Walmart yeti cup full of hot maxwell house original roast with a pipe full of lane 1-Q.....end thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ha/
    you're a man for drinking it black but need mommy to blow on it to make sure its not too hot?

maybe i'm confused about this y chromosome thing....
    I like to taste my food and kodiak, burnt tongues are horrible. I basically chug my first cup.

My staff will easily spend $30-50 per person ordering starbucks products and having them delivered to the office. All while we have a coffee pot in the break room and a fully stocked pantry with food that I buy for them AND a coffee station in the lobby for clients with high dollar coffee from a local roaster here in the burg. But is that good enough?

Noooooo. Gotta have sugar with a little coffee and scones for $15 every day then complain they're broke all the time.

YOLO I reckon.

Gotta live that extra foam soy free silky sweet cream hard pressed latte life bruhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    My staff will easily spend $30-50 per person ordering starbucks products and having them delivered to the office. All while we have a coffee pot in the break room and a fully stocked pantry with food that I buy for them AND a coffee station in the lobby for clients with high dollar coffee from a local roaster here in the burg. But is that good enough?

Noooooo. Gotta have sugar with a little coffee and scones for $15 every day then complain they're broke all the time.

YOLO I reckon.
    Its nuts what people will spend every day at starbucks or other coffee places. I see the same thing and the ones who do it every day always say they are broke!

It seems like I cant even just buy coffee any more for clients because no one wants plain coffee. I learned quickly to quit asking what clients wanted because I became an order taker for mocha, frappa, double latta, all sorts of jargon BS. Combine that with trying to successfully deliver it versus delivering large jugs of hot coffee with some cream and sugar. Now I just give starbucks cards.

For me, I will stick with black coffee that comes from a pot at my house. I buy a large can that lasts multiple weeks for about the same price as one large cup at a starbucks.

I cant stand a Keurig. Every one I have tried tastes like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Y’all mofo’s are crazy. Ain’t nothing better than a Walmart yeti cup full of hot maxwell house original roast with a pipe full of lane 1-Q.....end thread.
    Go be poor somewhere else. This thread is for high falootin folks.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The gas station by my house doesn’t charge me for my morning coffee so every morning when I stop to get dip I get a cup it’s good enough for me and the price is right.

One can of dip a day and you probably can't even taste the fucking shitty coffee!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Waiting for the real coffee poets to chime in here.....
    I don't drink the stuff but my wife is your said coffee poet....she uses a grinder, a digital scale, a carafe, and does pour over(?) coffee everyday. Puts the fresh grounds into some filter that sits in the carafe, pours the water over them, and lets it drip into the carafe. Seems like lots of work for something I don't drink but that's her gig not mine....

I say all that to contribute this to the OP....pulled a long weekend getaway a few weeks back. They had one of those machines in the room and the coffee poet wife was quite impressed...she grades coffee like I grade ribeyes, so take that for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by sc_slim View Post
    If you get Nespresso, watch your amazon account. Wife and friends/family can easily drink over $50/week of that foamy crap.

Comes out to about $2/cup with taxes.
    You must reload shotgun shells.

91DA4AC9-38C0-42FC-BCCA-24CABB952760.jpg