Thread: Ole jim

Default Ole jim

Absolute waste

https://www.majoritywhip.gov/?press=...eston-loophole

As I remembered the government dropped the ball on this, it wouldn't have mattered if the wait time was a year. They never put the data in the system

" Roof had a prior police record consisting of two arrests, for trespassing and drug possession, both made in the months before the attack According to then FBI Director James Comey, a police report detailing Roof's admission to a narcotics offense should have prevented him from purchasing the weapon used in the shooting. An administrative error within the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) excluded Roof's admission (though not the arrest itself) from appearing on his mandatory background check."
    Last edited by Frank1; 03-02-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Legally purchased firearms are not a problem. Considering his gerrymandered district he should know that.

Yeah, his argument is a perfect example of how govt shits things up.

In other words, we can't get it right in a few hours but if you give us 3 days, we'll surely fix it.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 03-02-2021 at 03:22 PM.

You have to remember you're talking about the party that while trying to enact more gun laws, are also in favor of freeing prisoners who you absolutely know are doing time in part because they broke gun laws along with their other transgression.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    Legally purchased firearms are not a problem. Considering his gerrymandered district he should know that.
    I hadn't thought about it but since you brought it up, I wonder if his district is going to be affected in the near future by re-redistricting. Especially given the population growth in the state.....
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

I liked him better when he was building bridges.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I liked him better when he was building bridges.
    He did not like us. He slapped my ass with a comment in the paper when I wrote a letter to the editor condemning the bridge because I was associated with this fine group of rednecks.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Term Limits
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hylandersc1 View Post
    I hadn't thought about it but since you brought it up, I wonder if his district is going to be affected in the near future by re-redistricting. Especially given the population growth in the state.....
    no way. he is untouchable. The republicans gerrymandered his district. They gave 1 guaranteed Dem district and got 4 guaranteed Republican in return. Districts 1 and 7 are toss ups.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    He did not like us. He slapped my ass with a comment in the paper when I wrote a letter to the editor condemning the bridge because I was associated with this fine group of rednecks.
    He's a demagogue. That's what we call politicians who inflame emotions once they've exhausted intelligent counter-arguments. That's as polite as I can put it. He's hardly different than Huey Long or Ben Tillman. It's all about having a bogeyman to blame.

Clyburn is 80.... he is gonna time out, someday....
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.