Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.9 trillion "covid relief bill" passes 219-210

Reagan wanted more money in everyone’s pockets...THEIR money, not a pile of printed funny money. Trickle down economics does not work when it streaming from the printing press and not trickling down from successful business people who aren’t taxed to death. People becoming dependent on it are not my worry at all; most people want to earn their living honestly, and those who don’t already game the system or steal. The government MAKING people be dependent, on the other hand, is an entirely different beast. Inflation is what I’m most concerned with. You simply can not shut down the engine of the economy, give away 1/3 of 1.9 trillion dollars, and waste the other 2/3s without inflation catching fire like a lightening struck desert mountainside in a bone-dry Wyoming wind. Gas will go past 4, but shits going to snowball when milk goes to 8 and a meal for four at McDonalds tops 60-70. If this bonehead shit gets past Joe Manchin, you can bank on what I’m saying.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

And the Rs offered a compromise where all non-covid related BS would be dropped in exchange for $10,000 direct payments going to individuals. 10K would actually help people recover what the govt destroyed and stimulate the economy. The money they will be sending to people isn’t going to make a dent in the recovery of the small businesses and lives that have been destroyed, and their packages benefits will not outweigh the inflation it will cause...of course you’ll only hear how great things are going until you feel the pain and realize It was all smoke and mirrors. Regardless, the Dims turned down 10K directly to struggling Americans, because they know that the arts and museums and an underground tunnel boondoggle will help much, much more.

If the news media was worth a shit they would be all over the R's proposal and maybe some people would wake up to how bad Congress is fucking the American people. But instead they will be happy with their $1400 per head and think those greedy R's didnt want to give them shit.
    cut\'em

One Republican offered that. It wasn’t a “Republican counter”

Republicans don’t counter, they bend over. And the media doesn’t report, they cover.

We are about to spend hundreds of billions on cities that were failing prior to Covid. The people that paid taxes in those cities all moved away and bought houses in Maine and Charleston. It’s over, there is no going back now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just glad it's ou(R) turn to care about the debt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    That trillion will be run through the ringer until it’s a squeaky clean contribution to the DNC.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    One Republican offered that. It wasn’t a “Republican counter”

Republicans don’t counter, they bend over. And the media doesn’t report, they cover.

We are about to spend hundreds of billions on cities that were failing prior to Covid. The people that paid taxes in those cities all moved away and bought houses in Maine and Charleston. It’s over, there is no going back now.

True, but it does not take the entire group to get on board to propose an amendment; the fact that 100% of the Ds refused to even debate the amendment should dominate every news cycle. This has nothing to do with helping American citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    This has nothing to do with helping American citizens.
    Not too high on their priority list.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...s-back-welfare