Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those men

Sorry for your loss prayers for you and your family during this time.

My condolences and prayers for your family.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Out of curiosity Ricky, where did the info on his military awards/decorations come from? I presume the Army.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-27-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Out of curiosity Ricky, where did the info on his military awards/decorations come from? I presume the Army.

Yes sir, that is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Interesting. Cause when you serve in multiple wars declared by Congress you get a star on your National Defense Medal, not an oak leaf "device" as they call it.

Either way, don't mean to detract, just seemed amiss when I read it.

Y'all hang in there. Glad to see the Honor Guard will be there to honor his service.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Interesting. Cause when you serve in multiple wars declared by Congress you get a star on your National Defense Medal, not an oak leaf "device" as they call it.

Either way, don't mean to detract, just seemed amiss when I read it.

Y'all hang in there. Glad to see the Honor Guard will be there to honor his service.

No worries good buddy, my uncle wrote that section of the obit and totally could have misplaced or mis-termed that. You have me curious now, so I will be questioning it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

If the Army does theirs like the Air Force in the Good conduct medal getting the award again 4 or 6 years later would get that oak leaf cluster, with the 2nd award being denoted by 1 bronze leaf, 2nd would add another bronze leaf, etc. 5 bronze leaves would be replaced by a single silver oak leaf, and so on. I've gotten pretty chummy with our awards and decs guy and have learned a lot about that stuff over the years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very impressive indeed. Sorry for your loss.

Man I saw that come through the church email. Sorry for your loss, and prayers for your family

Sorry to hear about your granddad Ricky. I saw he was into wood turning also. If you have access to his tools maybe you could use them to turn a call or striker and carry him with you in the turkey woods this Spring.
    Last edited by flockbuster; 02-28-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt