Thread: 2014 ram radio issues

Default 2014 ram radio issues

The touch screen on my 14 ram keeps freezing up even going completely black. I have tried 2 different ways of restoring and neither work. Anyone have any ideas?

Replace it, perhaps?

Or disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while. Then reconnect and test again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Which model is it? My 2017 8.4 Uconnect was doing that and all it needed was an update. You can search it on YouTube on how to do it. Took about 20 minutes to do yourself. Fixed my issue.

I would recommend trying a soft reset of your Uconnect system:

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN) For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle
    More fuel = more boost!!

Thanks for the tips guys tried all of the above with no results. Called a guy who “specializes” in radios and he says dodge bought all rights to updates that’s why I could t get the up date to work. Going to the dealership in the morning got a feeling it’s not going to be cheap because it never is at a dealership.

That’s incorrect. You get the update and load it with a thumb drive in the center console. Not sure an update is your problem but if you’ve done the resets, I guess that’s the next best shot.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Pull it off into the woods and set it on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Pull it off into the woods and set it on fire.
    It’s a RAM, not a GM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I tried the update. Downloaded it to thumb drive amp plugged it into the USB port the update would never download.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    It’s a RAM, not a GM.
    This

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft