Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering Turkey Tags

Default Ordering Turkey Tags

I have not called DNR yet because I don't feel like sitting on hold at the moment, and I figured one of you may have the answer I am looking for. Long story short, I forgot to add turkey tags when I purchased my license in September. I am tryin to add them now from the website, but it will not allow me to purchase the tags because you have to also purchase a hunting license. I checked my license in hand and "current priveledges" on DNR's website and both agree my license is valid. Question is, if I go to a sporting goods store will they let me purchase the tags or do I need to suck it up and sit on hold??? Thanks in advance.

Call Columbia and tell them to mail the tags to you. I called and made sure my name was on the list about a month ago....just to be sure. Call took 5 minutes.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Was on hold for 20 minutes and they told me they’re having an outage to wait and check the website again later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered mine on my lifetime license about a month ago. It says I have the tags, but I don’t have the tags. Hope the mail bs doesn’t have me in SC hunting turkeys without tags in hand. Who knows what to do anymore. Good luck getting it straightened out.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Checked again today and it’s still down. Must be Covid related like everything else that goes wrong nowadays.

Nothing like jumping thru hoops for the government just to be able to kill and eat a bird.

Yall eat those nasty things?

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    No, we just kill them and feed them to the dogs....is t that what you’re supposed to do???

For anybody with similar problems, their site is back working again.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Wild turkeys are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    For anybody with similar problems, their site is back working again.
    I know I was spouting off about being so smart, but hell if I can order my tags online. Anybody had any luck with it?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I know I was spouting off about being so smart, but hell if I can order my tags online. Anybody had any luck with it?
    I got through earlier today.

Anybody got their tags yet?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Got this email today from DNR.

Turkey tags arriving in your mailbox soon
    Turkey tags are being printed and mailed this week. If you have purchased or requested tags already, “Seasonal Wild Turkey Tags” should appear on your hunting license, and you should receive them soon.

All hunters, including youth, are required to have turkey tags in possession while hunting during the regular season. They are $5 for a set of three for residents (with exceptions) and $100 for a set of two for nonresidents.

All Lifetime (including Senior and Disability) and Catawba Licensees who requested their free set of turkey tags last year will automatically receive them this year and into the future. If you have one of these license types and did not request turkey tags last year you will need to request them this year, you will then receive them automatically each year.

Youth and 3-Year Disability Licensees must request these free tags annually.

Tags will also be available over the counter at SCDNR offices in Charleston, Clemson, West Columbia at the Market, Florence, and York beginning March 8.

Tags are not available at point-of-sale license vendors (WalMart, Academy Sports, etc.), at the SCDNR Columbia (Assembly Street) Office or at field offices not listed above.

If “Seasonal Wild Turkey Tags” appears in your list of privileges on your hunting license and you have not received tags in the mail by March 10, contact our license office at (803) 734-3833.

Tags may be purchased or requested by phone at 1-866-714-3611 or online at: https://www.dnr.sc.gov/purchase.html.

Please allow 5-7 days for the tags to arrive by mail once you’ve purchased or requested them

telecheck
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I ordered and paid for mine online today at lunchtime.

Dang, I forgot I have to pay extra money to kill buzzards on my on property now.

I’m just going to get my kids to make mine with construction paper, crayons, scissors, and tape. Maybe a glue stick...and a Sharpie. Got to have a Sharpie.

I tried getting kids some today and it would never recognize them even though they got deer tags etc. called the number and remained on hold for 10 min before hanging up.