Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever start something simple and get carried away? First official Wingbone Build

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I wish we could all get together around a campfire to tell such stories. I’ve got a couple about Rock that I’ve promised to tell one day, but I can’t seem to get in the right mood and figure out how to make the true essence of the stories come through in written word. Maybe we can sometime. It would be pretty cool to have an SCDucker get together somewhere...like Packs but without the freaking “poker-run-insanity” aspect of it. Only rule is everybody has to bring some sort of wild game, fish, ribs...whatever...to throw on the grill or smoker. We all pitch in on cooking and everybody eats and drinks and shoots the shit...just chilling. It’d be a blast.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I made a couple yelpers out of the wings of my son’s first bird. One has a good tone, the other one needs a bigger bell on the end. I may just leave those as is and make the next ones more like what I am looking for. I would have been making them for years had I known how easy it is to make a basic yelper.

Nice looking call, bud!

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    Knapping is addicting isn't it. I'm no pro but I can generally get what I want as an outcome. Holler if you need an outside pov.
    Yes...very addictive. All of this making primitive stuff is beyond addictive. I’ve been watching Jack Craftys vids and techniques and mixing in some vids from paleomanjim to see serious platform prep and isolation, and it’s starting to sink in. Using indirect percussion has been a huge advancement for me as far as getting thinned out bifaces. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on some high quality stone. I’m going to swing by Nether’s farm on the Ohio leg of my turkey trip and see if I can’t dig up a buck full of decent flint ridge. Next year, I’m either going to add No.Dak or Texas to my trip and try to find some Knife River flint or some Texas cherts...so yes, it’s so damn addictive Im going to drive all over the country just to try to find some freaking rocks to beat on!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Well, that escalated quickly! Good looking work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I found even Jake wing bones to be too big.
    Absolutely not true even from adult gobblers.

So tell me what I did find then......please, because I can’t live another day of my life without you telling me what works for me.