Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Stand Vittles

Default Deer Stand Vittles

There’s a pretty good thread running over on sexymen.com about what people take to eat in the stand. I wanted to see what some of you all take to the woods. I’ll get us started, I’m a type 1 diabetic, so I don’t take a lot of food, I’m not a fan of packing insulin going to the stand. I do take fruit snacks and snack sized snickers bars—always want to ready for a possible low blood sugar. For a long sit, I take a couple apples, some peanut butter crackers, and a bottle of water.

Now when I’m taking the girls out, all bets are off, they take their snacks VERY seriously, especially our youngest. Lol

Coorslight
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

In the words of peepaw if you are carrying snacks to the stand you haven’t brought enough cocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I don’t eat in the deer stand. A couple bottles of water and that’s about it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

About all I ever take to the deer stand is sometimes a single beer and usually a can of dip. Not much on eating in the deer stand and more than 1 beer I gotta pee the whole time.
    More Ducks, Less People

I keep a few granola bars and a bottle of water in my pack. I find if I don't have water I get thirsty but if I have water I don't drink it

A bottle of water, homemade brownies, and any mushrooms I come across on the way to the stand.

My man trolling on his first post! Got to be an alias!

Those 16 oz aluminum bottles were made specifically for deer hunting. Drink 2, Pee in them, then drink the other two. It should be dark by then. Be careful not to drink a warm one.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

August I take a gatorade rest of the season its a bottle of water and a apple.

I'm not diabetic but my advice to those who are is ALWAYS take your insulin and food to the woods Shit happens that could keep you from home and a life-threatening event could occur so easily.

Pop-tart and a water.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

6 pack of natty light, pack of reds, and can of grizzly wintergreen longcut
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

In the morning, I will take a peanut butter sandwich. PB will hold me for awhile...

Orange Crackers

Thermos of coffee in the morning, couple of beers in the evening. Wintergreen pouches and a spare water always.

I try not to sit in a stand longer than I have to to get the job done, so I usually don't take food. Maybe coffee in the morning. One thing I always have is an empty 32 oz gatorade bottle to piss in.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    A bottle of water, homemade brownies, and any mushrooms I come across on the way to the stand.
    I want to hunt with you sometime...sounds like a blast!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I never took anything until I started sitting all day. I’ll take peanut butter and chocolate Powerbars my wife had from when she used to run marathons and other high energy/calorie snacks, diet dew, nicotine gum, and a can of dip if Im not in a quitting spell. The nicotine will suppress hunger and decreases the need for packing in a lot of food.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Thermos of coffee and a couple of granola bars in the AM. Diet Pepsi and cheese crackers in the evening.