Thread: Out of state deer hunts

aNYBODY GOING OUT OF STATE TO KILL a big buck. I am on the waiting list at The Ford Ranch in Texas and am trying to think of a back up plan if I dont get in. Anyone have any ideas or experiance anywhere else?

you can't hide money....

My dream hunt would be with the bow on the Milk River in Montana. For some reason, a Texas hunt just doesn't do it for me. Not sure why....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

a Texas hunt just doesn't do it for me. Not sure why....
    Maybe because you do not like hunting in pens!
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

My brother and I talk about this a lot... well, he tries to talk to me about it a lot.

I will travel to other locales to hunt ducks, 'cause their ain't that many here. But I have a hard time convincing myself to go out of state to hunt a wood goat. Even a beeg one.

I reckon it's just me... kind of like a Mexican buying Texas tequila.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

You'd probably like Africa.....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Africa?????? Shit, ain't a damn thing there I would want. The wifey wanted to go there on her birthday. Bought her a trip, she and a friend went, I stayed my ass right here!! I'd rather go to Sumter, than Africa!!!!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Going to southern ohio the 3rd week in Oct...
    Hope to get a a nice one w/ the bow!
    Team Echo!<br />2004, 05, 06 SC State Duck Calling Champion

Originally posted by LabLuvR:
    Africa?????? Shit, ain't a damn thing there I would want. The wifey wanted to go there on her birthday. Bought her a trip, she and a friend went, I stayed my ass right here!! I'd rather go to Sumter, than Africa!!!!!
    Sumter and Africa are kind of similar come to think of it..what with the 'boons and all...hell there's plains game in both locales. And the 'boons in Africa don't have cold beer and fried yard birds

Going OOS to shoot a deer doesn't do much for me. We've got plenty here. Going after an elk high up in the mountains, or chasing some of the various sheep... I'll entertain that thought and make it happen one day.

OOS Deer, African Plains Game, Elk, Mountain Sheep....I want to do it all. On foot with a stickbow, though. Pipedreams for a poor man with primitive weaponry.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Tree I have been to texas many times and we have never hunted high fence but there are plenty of people who do. Fences just dont do it for me.

tradorion Coots

I do Colorado for Elk and have bumped into some damn nice mulies- will be working on a mulie tag for some of our areas next year. Had a 25in 4x3 at 12yds this year. But the deer would be incidental to the elk.

I also do Michigan for deer but only b/c some pals have some land and i enjoy there "Great Northern Deer Camp Drinking and Poker Weekends" and its cheap to go there from here.

Other than these two "reasons" I am with The Great Swamp Rat-- why go out of state just to kill a woodgoat??

T

I have been to southern Ohio 9 times and Col. Elk hunting last year. This year I am going to Southern Ill. I love getting to go somewhere new. Seen a lot of things I would have never seen in sc.Killed a few critters too.

If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

From my personal experience, nothing touches Saskatchewan for monster whitetails. They are massive and they are plentiful...

The deer I saw last year in Nodak were different animals than what we are familiar with. The whitetails I saw in Wyoming looked about like SC deer to me. I'm going to start buying Iowa preference points this spring. If you've ever seen a Wensel video, you'll know why. Plus, the points are only $10 and it should only take 3-4 years to draw an archery tag.

Rubberhead

I went to Saskatchewan a few years ago and I highly advise that trip. Big bodied deer and you don't have to pay by score. You do your time and pick out your trophy and see all kinds of cool wildlife in the process. If you do your homework on outfitters, you can ALMOST guarantee a 155 class or above deer. Have to do your video homework in advance though.