Thread: Honda four wheeler repair -- Columbia

Default Honda four wheeler repair -- Columbia

Our atv was stolen and flipped last year. Had a shade tree mechanic work on it for a few weeks. Fuel pump replaced and carb cleaned. It will turn over but still not crank. I need to see if if can be repaired? Is the Honda dealership my only/best option in Columbia? I know the dealership will be expensive. At this point I don't care if that's the only option. It is burn season as soon as it dries out and this unit is one of our burn rigs.

I think you answered your own question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Rayley’s has a good rep for ATV repair.

https://raleys-small-engines.business.site/
    Last edited by Drylok; 02-10-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Check with Ridgemotor sports in Batesburg. I know it's a ride but I started making the trip. He's a lot better to deal with than the honda and Yamaha dealers I've dealt with in Columbia.

Kent, 803/798/8748 you'll probably talk to his mama, but hes a regular Ely Whitney on a 4 wheeler.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Kent, 803/798/8748 you'll probably talk to his mama, but hes a regular Ely Whitney on a 4 wheeler.
    Wow. I didn’t know Kent was still around. He worked on mine and was always reasonable and fair. Guess he is still off shop and leventis?

This was Kent’s mother’s number last time I communicated with them.
    (865) 566-8016
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

KRT

I'm circling back to this post. I took the machine to Raleys. I was afraid that the thief blew the engine. My fears are true. This machine is in good condition. Low hours. It was primarily used for control burns. I don't need a brand new machine for that job. What's the odds of getting the engine rebuilt? Who does that type of work cost? I figure a new engine would be 3,500 to 4K. I would be interested in repairing this machine if it can de done for less than 2k because I don't think I can find a new used rig in that price range.

Rebuilding the "top end" isn't that much work. You can buy kits around $400-$500. You can buy a whole rebuilt motor for a Rancher 420 for $1,500. If they trashed the "bottom" it would probably be better to just buy one of the rebuilt engines.

https://www.powersportsnation.com/ho...CABEgJeevD_BwE
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 03-01-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Rebuilding the "top end" isn't that much work. You can buy kits around $400-$500. You can buy a whole rebuilt motor for a Rancher 420 for $1,500. If they trashed the "bottom" it would probably be better to just buy one of the rebuilt engines.

https://www.powersportsnation.com/ho...CABEgJeevD_BwE
    I appreciate the information.