Thread: Credit Report

Default Credit Report

I got a collection notice in the mail yesterday from (whatever) collection agency. They were trying to collect $750 for TMobile. I haven't been with TMobile in over 10 years. But now, all of sudden I owe them money. In the fine print, it says that this debt is so old that TMobile will not sue me for the balance. Then it says said collection agency can neither sue for debt nor report it to credit report. So if I owe a debt, shouldn't they be able to make a negative report on my credit? It sounds more like a scam to me. Do they just find old closed accounts and try to collect money on them? What's next?

People demanding money with no leverage definitely sounds like a scam.

And a closed account over ten years old. No sir...

Debt collection companies pay pennies for old uncollected debts with the hope that some portion of folks like you will pay them. If it's truly that old, then I wouldn't pay it or even communicate with them. That sometimes can be interpreted as acknowledging the debt and in some instances can restart the collections clock. If it's 10+ years old, TMobile has long since forgotten about it.

My 2 cents - I'm not an expert.

Write them back and tell them if they send you their routing and account number, you will wire them the entire balance and a stipend for their trouble.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Debt collection companies pay pennies for old uncollected debts with the hope that some portion of folks like you will pay them.
    They will also take pennies on the dollar to settle a debt, provided of course that it’s legit.

Just dispute it and they will have 30 days to prove you owe if they can’t it’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there.

Write them and tell them you will accept a $2,000 settlement for their violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Debt collection companies pay pennies for old uncollected debts with the hope that some portion of folks like you will pay them. If it's truly that old, then I wouldn't pay it or even communicate with them. That sometimes can be interpreted as acknowledging the debt and in some instances can restart the collections clock. If it's 10+ years old, TMobile has long since forgotten about it.

My 2 cents - I'm not an expert.
    This right cher. Do not respond/answer calls or acknowledge that it’s your debt/ you were with t mobile etc... it can restart a collections for 7 years on credit report.

Been there...
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Did you owe the $750?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Did you owe the $750?
    No, and here's the thing, the account was in my wife's name, and she passed away. So I closed the account and got my own. With Verizon. I have since remarried and moved to another town. So why would this come in my name and at my current address? It's all kind of scam feeling to me.

These crooks are slick...

you vaccinated? that's how they are tracking you, apparently...

(it is kinda weird they found you)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

It's the 5g trackers that Bill Gates put into you.

I just got something similar from Spectrum...haven't been with them for years and all of a sudden I am past due.

Interesting.

Last week I got a notice for $350 from a lab that said they ran some tests for a doctor that I havent seen in two years. Same practice screwed up my billing five ways from Friday after the one visit I went to. Then the practice was absorbed into Prisma.

The lab cant tell me when I had the tests run, just that it was bloodwork. Just that this just showed up. Crazy, thing...I havent had blood work since I had that tick bite thing, (I know this because I hate needles).

The lab told me I had to talk to the doctors office about it, but now I dont know who to talk to...

I'm sure by the time I resolve it, I'll have more of my time in fixing it than is worth just paying the $350 and being done.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-24-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    These crooks are slick...
    Indeed they are.

Phone scammers nailed my mom and step-dad a couple years back. Knew a grandson's name, knew that he'd been locked up before, and used that knowledge to bilk them out of money. "So and so's in jail, ma'am, and he needs money for food."

Next call was for a different need in prison.

Ignore it, 7 years is the statute of limitations they have to collect anything older than that will not be counted against your credit. Do not acknowledge or respond in any way, doing so will open it back up. T-mobile has written it off and isn’t coming after you over it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The whole thing went straight to the trash can. But not before I read everything top to bottom front to back. I don't know what made me read the whole thing, but that's where all the othe info came from. I've never read that much of a bill before. Usually I see what I owe and pay it. But TMobile was a real stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

hahaha