Thread: Resistance is futile

Default Resistance is futile

When i see people say that they're willing to do something that they don't like, or would otherwise be against, to get back to a sense or normalcy (e.g. be released from captivity) it reminds me of this:

EnGD5mXXEAAIo0X.jpg
    Last edited by everlast; 02-24-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

capacitance has potential
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

i just cant put any belief in this sort of pre-planned, long term government coercion exercise.

Honestly, I dont think our government is that smart.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

This " pandemic" is the best thing I've seen in a while. I've been trying to "social distance" all my life, now it's a thing.

"Masks in home, even while having sex" sounds like the fear-mongering from someone in need of lithium or shock treatment. Although it might make a garlic-rich diet be non-inhibitive towards coitus.

This isn't the first time this shits happened and it wont be the last humanity has had pandemics before and this most certainly won't be the last. Do I like the rules and masks hell no do I abide by them.... not really has it changed my life a whole bunch no every once in a while I have to put one on to go to a Dr. or inside the post office but other than that I don't do anything different.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    This " pandemic" is the best thing I've seen in a while. I've been trying to "social distance" all my life, now it's a thing.
    The situation definitely has its upsides. That's one for me as well. Not having to pretend like i'm on a call to avoid having to make eye contact, or worse yet, small talk, with neighbors is heaven . That and working form home for almost a year and seeing my kids much more.
    Last edited by everlast; 02-24-2021 at 03:04 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

i can get on board with that, everlast....

and I agree, bulldog. Its pretty easy to make some parallels to the 1956 report...but I actually have enough remaining faith in the people that we will be OK.

Granted, I am losing faith, not gaining it.

What is to be gained by forced closure of small businesses that pay taxes needed to run government? Power? Maybe. But can't a government get big enough and broke enough to fail? Isn't this what happened to the USSR?

Not trying to be argumentative but power for power's sake does require a cash flow, right?

Which brings us to, what is a dollar really worth?
    At what point can you not print your own?

certainly a concern going forward.

and wasnt there a post about bitcoin and its uses in the future?

In my opinion, we have an incredible beast named COVID. People are legitimately concerned. Some state governments have (over) reacted to that. It seems to boil down to a personal opinion on the amount of worry needed at this time. I wish I had the answer....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

Honestly, I dont think our government is that smart.
    They are not so one wonders if an elite ruling class may exist?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston