Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business Model Question

Default Business Model Question

So you pay a business for a service, and they in turn screw it up royally. You then call them on their BS and they say they will fix it but you have to pay for said service all over again. How long do you think they will stay in business? Well it should be your new business model because the USPS has been making it happen for 240 years. I bet there are still ballots lost in oblivion! Rant over!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I was gonna ask for more details, but you summed it up and lost my curiosity when you said USPS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Used to be the only govt agency that ran like a business and stayed in the black. Poor leadership, complacency and good ol competition drove them in the red. I've had a package stuck somewhere in Atlanta for almost two weeks. They wont trace it till its over two weeks late. They suck.

It's easy to stay in business when you don't have to show a profit and are subsidized.

UPS is the way to go !
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Like the USFS?
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Like the USFS?
    'zackly

Amtrack.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

How I felt when I got my confirmation tracking number from Amazon and saw my new TV was being delivered by USPS and not UPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's easy to stay in business when you don't have to show a profit and are subsidized.
    and have bureaucrats w no personal skin in the game or accountability running it.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

yelp reviews
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We had to get a mailbox put up for our house. I went to the post office and asked where I needed to put my mailbox so they would deliver.

What a fucking mistake that was.

The lady at the counter told me that the postmaster had to go out and see where the best place would be.

Post Office called back a few days later and said I had a Cades address, not a Kingstree address. I live 10.5 miles from Cades... And 1.1 miles from the Kingstree post office.
    I went down to the Kingstree post office to talk it over. I explained to the lady at the counter that I was requesting a mailbox location, and that the post office had informed me that it was a Cades address. At that point she cut me off and told me I needed to go to Cades post office.

Ah ha ha.

I explained to her that I lived one mile from where we were. She put her hands together like an "L" and told me that it "depended on how it was broken up" as to which post office was responsible for my mail.

Yes ma'am, but it's a Kingstree address, the tax map has it as a Kingstree address.

"Hold on, sir" She went to the back and came back 10 minutes later and told me that it wasn't a Cades address. It was in fact, a Lake City address, and I needed to go see them.
    The Lake City post office is 18 miles away.

No ma'am. It is not a Lake City address. It's Kingstree. By this time even the little old black ladies waiting in line behind me were starting to talk shit to the counter lady "how he gonna have a Lake City address if he live down 52?"

Hold on, again.

"Sir, that's a Salters address" (8 miles).

No ma'am. It's Kingstree.

More waiting... "sir, you have to go to the 911 office and get a certified address... How do you know it's in Kingstree if you haven't got a certified address?"

She had me on a technicality. She was nice enough to give me the number to the 911 office.

I go out to the parking lot and call the 911 office. A young fella answers the phone, and I explain that I need to talk to someone about an address.

He politely forwarded me to a line that rang to a voicemail that hadn't been set up.
    I call back, and ask where the 911 office was at the county complex, because I was coming over.
    Oh, was I the guy calling about the address? Yea, they don't do that anymore, you have to call the tax assessor's office.
    What? "then who did you forward my call to?"
    ....mumble
    Got it. "Guess I'll call the tax assessor's office then, huh?"
    The tax office was actually quite helpful. Yes, they were handling the address part since the lady that used to retired and they would be happy to help.
    Great! I'll come pick it up right now!
    Uncomfortable silence, and throat clearing.
    Um... Sir, the county offices are closed to the public due to Covid... We'll have to. Uhm. We'll have to, ahhhh.
    Ma'am?
    "We have to mail it to youimsosorry"

I was so beat down by that point it didn't even bother me.

I had them mail it to the office, and 8 weeks later the post master finally admitted that I had a Kingstree address.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I had them mail it to the office, and 8 weeks later the post master finally admitted that I had a Kingstree address.
    And just think, if not for Covid, this could have been cleared up in a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Got a notification that my package was at post office. I decided instead of waiting another day for delivery, I would go get it. Waited for an hour while they looked for it. Woman came back and said it wasn't actually here, it was still at the other distribution center on a truck to come here and should be here by next day. But according to them it should be delivered to my house the next day. She said no, that projected date has changed. Well no shit. So why do you send me a text saying it's here if it's not here and it won't be until the next day? What if we all did business like that?
    Last edited by Moose843; 02-24-2021 at 04:35 PM.

But they are going to be delivering mail with electric vehicles in the next couple of years as that contract was awarded yesterday
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    UPS is the way to go !
    It's amazing that union-run operation is any better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-24-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

My last trip to the post office included a cashier threatening to walk out 15 mins early if the other lady did not lock door so she could leave right at closing time. Union mentality.

We had to get a mailbox put up for our house. I went to the post office and asked where I needed to put my mailbox so they would deliver.

The lady at the counter told me that the postmaster had to go out and see where the best place would be.

Post Office called back a few days later and said I had a Cades address, not a Kingstree address. I live 10.5 miles from Cades... And 1.1 miles from the Kingstree post office.
    I went down to the Kingstree post office to talk it over. I explained to the lady at the counter that I was requesting a mailbox location, and that the post office had informed me that it was a Cades address. At that point she cut me off and told me I needed to go to Cades post office.

Ah ha ha.

I explained to her that I lived one mile from where we were. She put her hands together like an "L" and told me that it "depended on how it was broken up" as to which post office was responsible for my mail.

Yes ma'am, but it's a Kingstree address, the tax map has it as a Kingstree address.

"Hold on, sir" She went to the back and came back 10 minutes later and told me that it wasn't a Cades address. It was in fact, a Lake City address, and I needed to go see them.

No ma'am. It is not a Lake City address. It's Kingstree. By this time even the little old black ladies waiting in line behind me were starting to talk shit to the counter lady "how he gonna have a Lake City address if he live down 52?"

Hold on, again.

More waiting... "sir, you have to go to the 911 office and get a certified address... How do you know it's in Kingstree if you haven't got a certified address?"

She had me on a technicality. She was nice enough to give me the number to the 911 office.

I go out to the parking lot and call the 911 office. A young fella answers the phone, and I explain that I need to talk to someone about an address.

He politely forwarded me to a line that rang to a voicemail that hadn't been set up.
    I call back, and ask where the 911 office was at the county complex, because I was coming over.
    Oh, was I the guy calling about the address? Yea, they don't do that anymore, you have to call the tax assessor's office.
    ....mumble
    The tax office was actually quite helpful. Yes, they were handling the address part since the lady that used to retired and they would be happy to help.
    Um... Sir, the county offices are closed to the public due to Covid... We'll have to. Uhm. We'll have to, ahhhh.
    Ma'am?

I needed this laugh. Thanks, Mo.

LOL Truth!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Ah ha ha.

Hold on, again.

....mumble
    Ma'am?

its shit like this that makes me miss "the good old days" when there was always someone in every office that knew everything and could get shit done. Now, its just passing the buck up and down the line while nobody does shit. Its maddening....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.