Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas or Oklahoma Rio Hunt

Default Texas or Oklahoma Rio Hunt

Anybody have any references for an outfitter to hunt Rios in Texas or Oklahoma? Would prefer a “lodge” but not a requirement. Thanks

Following

Yes in OK.

rich people problems
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I hear that all the Gobblers froze to death last week.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    They probably had low Zinc levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

About time to go unthaw a few....

April 1. We gone.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

So nobody is willing to share a little info??

Bout what?
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You can shoot them over corn piles in TX. Why don’t you just buy one on eBay.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    You can shoot them over corn piles in TX. Why don’t you just buy one on eBay.
    Not everyone does. There is some great hunting of difficult , stubborn Gobblers to be found anywhere you go.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

There is some great hunting of difficult , stubborn Gobblers to be found everywhere I go.
    This is for me.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by welltaut View Post
    So nobody is willing to share a little info??
    Go online, search and find a Texas ranch South of I-10 and they will have Gobblers. Price and accommodations within your budget and head West. Chances are you will have a great time.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

April 1. We gone.
    Im a week behind ya...

I gave up on this post a week ago.

Leaving next Friday to hunt South zone opener near Charlotte TX. Ranch manager is an acquaintance. If the hunting is any good I’ll PM his contact info. New place for me, but my contact is solid.

Go online, search and find a Texas ranch South of I-10 and they will have Gobblers. Price and accommodations within your budget and head West. Chances are you will have a great time.
    This is the best you’re going to get. Unfortunately, most people that have traveled and used outfitters have seen one or more ruined by the increased demand that comes with people sharing their contacts. People also inevitably go show their asses after using their source as a reference. If an outfitter is one of the best, he’s full.

Take Andy’s advice, and go have fun. Meet people in the area and try to network. Not every outfitter is well advertised and not every rancher is an outfitter. It doesn’t mean he won’t let you hunt for a little cash.

I have a connection in North Texas that we met during a fiasco of a trip trying a new outfitter. We now go and stay at his family’s ranch for nothing and pay a few of his buddy’s a little to shoot a few birds.

And just because Ol Phillip Culpepper killed 11 rios in two days on spring thunder, don’t expect it to be easy. Go for the brisket and Lone Star, and hope to kill a bird or 2. Good luck.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Ahhh,

The voice of reason. I prefer Shiner , but Lone Star will do. A quick stop at Bill Miller's for victuals, and hit the road.

Word is that the birds did not die off in the snowstorm / freeze and are doing turkey stuff.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    This is the best you’re going to get. Unfortunately, most people that have traveled and used outfitters have seen one or more ruined by the increased demand that comes with people sharing their contacts. People also inevitably go show their asses after using their source as a reference. If an outfitter is one of the best, he’s full.

Take Andy’s advice, and go have fun. Meet people in the area and try to network. Not every outfitter is well advertised and not every rancher is an outfitter. It doesn’t mean he won’t let you hunt for a little cash.

I have a connection in North Texas that we met during a fiasco of a trip trying a new outfitter. We now go and stay at his family’s ranch for nothing and pay a few of his buddy’s a little to shoot a few birds.

And just because Ol Phillip Culpepper killed 11 rios in two days on spring thunder, don’t expect it to be easy. Go for the brisket and Lone Star, and hope to kill a bird or 2. Good luck.
    All makes sense...never used an outfitter so this type of deal is new to me. Thanks for the advice.