Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods

I like 2 golfers, Bobby Jones and Tiger Woods. Bobby ain’t coming back. Sure hope Tiger does.

Me too Tater
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I liked Hogan, he's grit, he's swing. He had style.. Bobby Jones, his greatness, remaining an amateur, his domination, and then Augusta. Jack because of being Jack, all if it, but being a Buckeye. Tom Watson, just being strong willed. One of my best buds loved Seve, the things he could pull off were amazing. Then in my era of growing up it was Fred and Payne. I always leaned to Couples because of his cool smoothness and my best friend being a huge Payne fan. We'd be out playing on a weekday and he'd have on knickers at 14 years old. We'd play junior matches together and he'd come decked out like Payne. You'd have to admire that shit. Tiger and I are the same age, I knew he was at 12 years old. I knew his greatness, but didn't really root him until him beginning his comeback. He's done so much for golf. Except Nike, blah
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-24-2021 at 07:46 PM.

I’m worried about the open tib-fib fractures, hardware, fasciotomy and the possibility of infection and fat and clot emboli throughout his recovery and beyond. As far as his golf future...all of that on top of the ankle fractures/damage, and I just don’t see him contending if he ever plays another round on the tour....and that’s a big if. I hope his recovery is flawless and this doesn’t end up a lot worse than what everybody’s thinking now.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I’m worried about the open tib-fib fractures, hardware, fasciotomy and the possibility of infection and fat and clot emboli throughout his recovery and beyond. As far as his golf future...all of that on top of the ankle fractures/damage, and I just don’t see him contending if he ever plays another round on the tour....and that’s a big if. I hope his recovery is flawless and this doesn’t end up a lot worse than what everybody’s thinking now.
    I hear ya. I know his back is a wildcard. But that Redskins QB had similar injuries and they were seriously considering amputation ghis leg. H evade it all the way back and played, started several games for Redskins this year. ESPN special showed his leg. It looked like it belonged on a corpse. Fingers crossed for TW.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Excellent synopsis, HS. Well....minus the knicker wearing buddy, lol

^you could note the jealousy, couldn't you....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

One report I read stated that He was late for an appointment with two NFL stars. I wish him a full recovery and I'm glad He didn't hurt anyone else. People that drive like they own the road and risk other peoples lives piss me off. Unfortunateiy it isn't only rich sports stars that drive idiotically.

the report was that he didnt show up. those in charge knew he was always on time. they were worried. they were filming tiger with some NFL guys for an OPRAH production where he helps people with their golf games.

Its pretty silly all the people out there throwing out possibilities like he was driving like he "owned the road."

One car high speed accident? If the report I read was wrong, It stated he was running late.

so he must've been speeding like he owned the road and endangering anyone in his path bc he is a rich athlete.

he didnt show up. so, yes, I'd say he was late.

Of a great man, who liked to shoot birds, and could pull off this

20210225_073302.jpg

If I knew what jealousy felt like, maybe just a little

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    One report I read stated that He was late for an appointment with two NFL stars. I wish him a full recovery and I'm glad He didn't hurt anyone else. People that drive like they own the road and risk other peoples lives piss me off. Unfortunateiy it isn't only rich sports stars that drive idiotically.
    I think this was the main point of my post. Unfortunately it isn't only rich sports stars that drive idiotically. I see them almost everyday driving a truck.

admitting it is the first step, HS

I was at pinehurst on thurs/fri of the '99 Open.

I wish I was, I watched it.. I was at Augusta that week for Boom Boom's win.

Tiger's report was ruled an accident. I'm not sure why people have to dig farther into shit. I guess it's some sort of form of human's nature. It's not in mine. I mind my own fucking business.

i get it. I just dont understand how easily we go from "he was late" to "he must've been doing something wrong."

He is known to be on time. I like people that are on time. when he didnt show up on time, they worried. The reporters are certainly going to write every headline with "Tiger Woods was late"

Kinda like every other headline out there. Awfully misleading when you read the story....

That's the media. Everyone is always looking for something, I don't. Aloofness I guess. I will cut off the benefit of hanging out with me with people that run late. It's disrespectful.

What If said person has moderate diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i get it. I just dont understand how easily we go from "he was late" to "he must've been doing something wrong."

He is known to be on time. I like people that are on time. when he didnt show up on time, they worried. The reporters are certainly going to write every headline with "Tiger Woods was late"

Kinda like every other headline out there. Awfully misleading when you read the story....
    You think there was something wrong with his car? He was driving, He ran off the road and rolled it. You don't think He did something wrong?

They said that it would be 6 months give or take before he would be back swinging a club. Hopefully it's not a case like Alex Smith where infection sets in. Hoping for a speedy recovery.