Thread: Wood Duck Box Supply Donation

Default Wood Duck Box Supply Donation

So the agriculture teacher at Ninety Six normally does bird boxes as a small fundraiser/lesson in class. I have been trying to get him to build some wood duck boxes the last few years and this year he would like to. Only problem is the supplies can get rather expensive to build 15 to 20 boxes or more..... Looking to see if anyone here would be interested in possibly donating some supplies such as metal, post, wood, screws or whatever you would like to help out figured I would ask. Great way to teach young kids how to build them as well as a way to teach them about ducks and conservation all at the same time!! If we can get enough material the students would take some boxes home to there ponds and farms but others would possibly be sold to help the program do it again next year!!! Thanks!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Sneads Builders Supply in town may be willing to help y’all with material costs if they know it’s for a school project/program

I’ve seen instances in the past where they’ve been generous
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 02-23-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Sneads Builders Supply in town may be willing to help y’all with material costs if they know it’s for a school project/program
    Will check with them see what we can do! Thanks! Figured I would ask maybe someone has some stuff they are not using or left over! Thanks!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Good deal on the teacher doing this! I had a good friend that was a HS Science teacher in Northeast PA. Wood duck boxes were his extra credit assignments. He would store them up until winter, then a Saturday field trip working with Fish and Game they would put them up. Usually in the winter because it was easier to drill a hole through the ice to set a post.

ttt

cash help?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I've got a couple of leftover metal shrouds from DNR, be glad to donate. Also, let me know where to send cash.

I will talk to him and figure out the easiest way about collecting money donations. Thanks fellas!! Every little helps!

Easiest way to send money is by check make it out to Ninety Six FFA and a receipt will be made back to you.
    640 S Cambridge St, Ninety Six SC. 29666
    Again, thanks!!!!

I'd recommend reaching out to manufacturers for direct shipment of materials. Lowes skinned me for $21.88 per treated 4 x 4 x 10'. They cut me 10% off when I told them what I was using the post for but dang it lumber prices are high. I tried to find 4 x 4's in their dunnage pile but they didn't have any.

I'm talking to a lumber mill tomorrow and will let you know what I find out regarding rough cut cypress boards.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I'd recommend reaching out to manufacturers for direct shipment of materials. Lowes skinned me for $21.88 per treated 4 x 4 x 10'. They cut me 10% off when I told them what I was using the posts for but dang it lumber prices are high. 5 lag bolts and 5 posts was $110. I tried to find 4 x 4's in their dunnage pile but they didn't have any.

I'm talking to a lumber mill tomorrow and will let you know what I find out regarding rough cut cypress boards.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 02-23-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Ttt and. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    So the agriculture teacher at Ninety Six normally does bird boxes as a small fundraiser/lesson in class. I have been trying to get him to build some wood duck boxes the last few years and this year he would like to. Only problem is the supplies can get rather expensive to build 15 to 20 boxes or more..... Looking to see if anyone here would be interested in possibly donating some supplies such as metal, post, wood, screws or whatever you would like to help out figured I would ask. Great way to teach young kids how to build them as well as a way to teach them about ducks and conservation all at the same time!! If we can get enough material the students would take some boxes home to there ponds and farms but others would possibly be sold to help the program do it again next year!!! Thanks!
    I work at PTC in Greenwood. I’ll reach out to our guy in the building side of teaching. Lol
    I live in Hicky Tic, hit me up in a PM. I’ll see what I can do.
    I had some folks that ran a saw mill. If they still do what do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Update
    List of items looking for.
    4x4x10
    1x10x12 or 1x10x31" so they can piece them together
    cypress or cedar
    metal for pred guards. Thanks. I have gotten some good responses. I am hoping they get enough material to make some to sell for a fundraiser plus allowing the students to taken one home to the ponds and swamps on there families properties as well.

PM Sent - may have you a supplier for the wood.
    Last edited by Simple Man; 02-24-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
    I work at PTC in Greenwood. I’ll reach out to our guy in the building side of teaching. Lol
    I live in Hicky Tic, hit me up in a PM. I’ll see what I can do.
    I had some folks that ran a saw mill. If they still do what do you need?

That new instructor for BCT is an odd character
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Yes sir, luckily we were in the same new hire class. I had the week from hades, I will try to hit him up Monday.

Steve