View Poll Results: If we cannot get full constitutional carry, what is our best option?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open requires CWP but concealed requires nothing

30 40.00%
  • open and concealed require CWP

38 50.67%
  • keep as is, concealed with CWP, open not legal

7 9.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd round on 2nd amendment

Default 2nd round on 2nd amendment

What if we cannot secure a victory on full constitutional carry?

What is our best alternative?

1. open requires CWP but concealed requires nothing
    2. open and concealed require CWP
    3. keep as is, concealed with CWP, open not legal
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I thank you, Duck Tape, for bringing our attention to this bill and it's validity. I will not take part in this poll.

There is no alternative. Follow the Constitution.

I’m with Curly on this one. Republicans have got to nut up with their politics if they actually care anymore. The democrats actually have more balls than the republicans. I can’t stand liberal thinking but it is admirable that they stick together to ram through legislation and press their agenda. Republicans need to understand that Trump was elected because we wanted someone who would stand up for them and not play politics. Full constitutional carry. There is no other option. Republicans have got to become staunch constitutionalist as-written. Yall fought like hell for years for an abortion ban and yall finally won! Full constitutional carry, no permit, concealed or opened.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-22-2021 at 04:28 AM.

Then y'all better do YOUR part work it hard today.

Constitutional Carry is the only way, but because the "state" doesn't want to give up their taxes "2" will be the alternative. I'll continue to live by the freedoms provided to me in the Constitution.

In the general public full Constitutional Carry polls way under 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Constitutional Carry is the only way, but because the "state" doesn't want to give up their taxes "2" will be the alternative. I'll continue to live by the freedoms provided to me in the Constitution.
    SLED runs the program and keeps the revenue. My guess is 5 million per year. I have no problem with a $50 fee for 3 years for a CWP.
    My problem is needing permission from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    In the general public full Constitutional Carry polls way under 50%.
    The actual Constitution probably does too with the SOS getting polled. Doesn’t matter what the poll is numbnuts, it matters what the right is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Democrats don’t care what the polls say. They pass their legislation. Conservatives want a party that will pass legislation the way their constituents want it written. Republicans are going to mess around and cause a splinter party to pop up and split the conservative vote which will allow the democrats to run the table. Republicans have got to model the democrats and stop playing this nonsense of trying to meet in the middle. That type of pussy footing is going to screw us up big time in future elections. Old style politics is gone with the wind. It’s time to play hardball.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-22-2021 at 07:33 AM.

I believe that not having training is dangerous and this will result in more people that shouldn't carry having guns, On the other hand it is a constitutional right and should not be infringed under any circumstances .............. so I hope they only accidentally shoot their selves. Its a constitutional right there never should have been restrictions in place on it regardless.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Just vote for what god tells you

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The actual Constitution probably does too with the SOS getting polled. Doesn’t matter what the poll is numbnuts, it matters what the right is.
    It matters to the legislators that need to be re-elected. And that is our nation’s problem.

I'm with curlee

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    I believe that not having training is dangerous and this will result in more people that shouldn't carry having guns, On the other hand it is a constitutional right and should not be infringed under any circumstances .............. so I hope they only accidentally shoot their selves. Its a constitutional right there never should have been restrictions in place on it regardless.
    Do you call what is done during the cwp process “training”. It is a waste of time. I learned absolutely nothing during the training. Any actual legal questions asked by the class members were told to refer to an attorney. The shooting portion was a joke. A lot of cwp trainers don’t want you to bring your own weapon but shoot their 22 pistols. What a joke. It’s just a process to let trainers make money and the state to collect revenue. It needs to end. No one will be any more dangerous toting a gun by skipping the cwp nonsense.

We going to start putting permits for freedom of speech?? Open carry freedom of speech permit $50??? Conservative speech permit $100?? Is that how it works???
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have no problem with a $50 fee for 3 years for a CWP.
    You should.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You should.
    Exactly. Show me the mention of a tax clause in the constitution.

Putting aside the issue of the 2nd amendment- per the laws of SC currently in place you have the right to openly carry to/from/while participating in hunting and fishing- how many here use this right and how often?

I do numerous times yearly- and I would use it more if the restriction to hunting/fishing were not in place.

I also feel like the general public and LEOs would be more accepting if they commonly saw open carry and realized how many were armed without it becoming the wild west. I wear my Trump hat and fly my flag without regard for others feelings, I would also exercise my right as I saw fit. We need to turn the tide on the gun=bad mindset. We have had to accept flaming faggots and transformers - they need to accept our guns.

It is a right not a privilege no permit and fingerprint. Just drop if it is tax l.