View Poll Results: If we cannot get full constitutional carry, what is our best option?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open requires CWP but concealed requires nothing

30 40.00%
  • open and concealed require CWP

38 50.67%
  • keep as is, concealed with CWP, open not legal

7 9.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd round on 2nd amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    In the general public full Constitutional Carry polls way under 50%.
    You realize that they should have never been asked, right?

Duck Tape,

I know it must be frustrating to try to convince folks that getting half of what we want is better than none. I compare it to the people that instead of voting for a candidate they mostly agree with, they choose not to vote at all if the candidates aren't 100% in alignment with their desires. They don't understand or believe in incremental gains toward the final goal or in choosing the lesser of evils.

The problem I have with these choices is that I fear it will set another precedent. If I settle and vote to require a government issued permit for any of my already Constitutional God-given rights, the next time around it will be reported and assumed that everyone who got a permit apparently agreed with the policy. That type of reasoning is already used with the restrictions that have been made on the 2nd Amendment. We are told that even though the wording of the 2nd Amendment is clear, the Supreme Court already ruled it is acceptable to place some "reasonable restrictions" on things like machine guns or bombs. We allowed that to happen without a revolt and now we find ourselves constantly having to defend against the next incremental step toward more "reasonable, common sense gun laws". Common sense wasn't what motivated the Founders to word the 2nd Amendment the way they did. The Founders understood how governments chip away at individual rights and they had the uncommon sense to use the unambiguous words "shall not be infringed".

Choice number one is a great example of Orwellian Doublespeak. We'd need a "Concealed Weapon Permit" for open carry but not one for concealed carry. Maybe a name change for the permit should be added to that choice.

I do not believe that training should be any part of the permit process. Allowing that requirement gives the incrementalists the opportunity to make the training requirement too onerous. What if they decide to dictate that the training is a six month course only offered at approved training facilities that have to be located in DC and then they don't approve or underfund any facilities? Look at the BATF for a real example. We need a tax stamp to own NFA items but they underfund and understaff BATF so that it takes nine months to get approval. $200 might be acceptable to you but to many folks living close to the edge, that price is a barrier to exercising their rights. And can you think of any other organization that could get away with a nine month delay on an approval process?

I think gun training should be a fundamental requirement in high school and perhaps elementary schools, not part of a permit process.

None of the choices matter to criminals.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 02-22-2021 at 10:16 AM.

301-146_10ftMerryGoRound.jpg
    Duct Tape is in the red shirt, you other idiots are the children
    Last edited by ecu1984; 02-22-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Damn
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    301-146_10ftMerryGoRound.jpg
    Duct Tape is in the red shirt, you other idiots are the children
    nope, jeans are not bedazzled

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Well said Palmetto Bug
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

See what a Missouri county just passed and mirror that first.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/sheri...ebook%22%7D%7D

Then, go back and read the past CWP law that was changed to enact the restaurant carry provisions... but take serious note how most of the prior misdemeanor charges are now FELONIES. WHY? Let’s get that fixed as there is no reason those misdemeanors should be felonies, which can result in one’s lifetime loss of their 2A rights.

Yes, I have discussed this with Kevin Bryant when he was a Senator and Brian White twice now. Neither realized it happened, and nothing’s been done about it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post

Then, go back and read the past CWP law that was changed to enact the restaurant carry provisions... but take serious note how most of the prior misdemeanor charges are now FELONIES. WHY? Let’s get that fixed as there is no reason those misdemeanors should be felonies, which can result in one’s lifetime loss of their 2A rights.

Yes, I have discussed this with Kevin Bryant when he was a Senator and Brian White twice now. Neither realized it happened, and nothing’s been done about it.
    Don't gas fire ants- it's a felony- just one of thousands they can get you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Do you call what is done during the cwp process “training”. It is a waste of time. I learned absolutely nothing during the training. Any actual legal questions asked by the class members were told to refer to an attorney. The shooting portion was a joke. A lot of cwp trainers don’t want you to bring your own weapon but shoot their 22 pistols. What a joke. It’s just a process to let trainers make money and the state to collect revenue. It needs to end. No one will be any more dangerous toting a gun by skipping the cwp nonsense.
    I never said or insinuated a CWP class was proper firearm training … Training doesn't refer to taking a CWP class, You should be proficient in shooting, gun safety, legal, and self defense situations long before attempting to get your permit. People that think they can go take the class and learn everything they need to know to protect themselves are only fooling themselves and will more than likely never practice or shoot again after that class.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Don't gas fire ants- it's a felony-
    What about people who don't use their their blinkers? Gassable or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What about people who don't use their blinkers? Gassable or nah?
    What are blinkers for? I know where I'm going. If you use your blinker around Charleston- everyone uses it as a sign to cut you off.

We now have the other blinker problem around here- the yankee blinker that they think gives them the right to come over on you NOW- not when clear

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post

There is no reasoning under the constitution that a freeman cannot obtain and possess a firearm. If the legal system is so suspect that a person will commit more crime and bodily harm when they release that person from prison as to strip them of their 2nd amendment rights, why the hell are they released to begin with. If they are that mean and heinous they need to be hung. Crime goes up when punishment and consequences go down. Blee dat. It is appalling how we have let the left wing lunatics influence our laws. It’s sickening. Trump reinstated federal executions and was getting them carried out after years being stalled. Ole Joe stopped them on day one. As many heinous crimes that get done all over the USA, states should be performing executions daily.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-22-2021 at 03:51 PM.

I have said ten time already I am for full constitutional carry. You are preaching to the choir.

How many of you are calling their house member now? They are making their minds up NOW. Everyone on judiciary committee needs a call.
    Judiciary
    (Privileges & Elections)
    Contact | Subcommittee Assignments
    Murphy, Chris, Chairman. King, John Richard C., 1st V.C. Collins, Neal A., 2nd V.C. Bailey, William H.Bamberg, Justin T.Bernstein, Beth E. Bryant, Bruce M. Caskey, Micajah P. "Micah", IV. Cox, Westley P. "West". Davis, Sylleste H. Elliott, Jason. Fry, Russell W. .Henegan, Patricia Moore "Pat". Hyde, Max T., Jr. Johnson, Jeffrey E. "Jeff". Jordan, Wallace H. "Jay", Jr. Kimmons, Mandy W. McCravy, John R., III. McKnight, Cezar E. Newton, Brandon Michael Newton, Wm. Weston J. Rose, Seth Thigpen, Ivory Torrey Wetmore, Elizabeth "Spencer" Wheeler, William W. "Will", III
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Dudes got a red 8 shirt on. He parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Don't gas fire ants- it's a felony- just one of thousands they can get you with.
    I hear ya', and it's one of thousands that need to be changed before we let the Communists take everything over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    There is no reasoning under the constitution that a freeman cannot obtain and possess a firearm. If the legal system is so suspect that a person will commit more crime and bodily harm when they release that person from prison as to strip them of their 2nd amendment rights, why the hell are they released to begin with. If they are that mean and heinous they need to be hung. Crime goes up when punishment and consequences go down. Blee dat. It is appalling how we have let the left wing lunatics influence our laws. It’s sickening. Trump reinstated federal executions and was getting them carried out after years being stalled. Ole Joe stopped them on day one. As many heinous crimes that get done all over the USA, states should be performing executions daily.
    Totally agree. In the meantime, let's get our own CWP issues cleaned up, and that should start with the former misdemeanor charges that were changed to felonies be changed back.

Duck Tape, please add that issue to your 2A list. I'll remind Brian White of the most recent conversation we had about six weeks ago reminding him of this issue.

In the meantime, given that this State is only a few years away from a high likelihood of changing to a Blue State, and although I think a full and clean Constitutional Carry should be the law of the land, I'd opt for either #1 or #2 above, if we have no other choice. I won't carry openly 99.9% of the time, but I'd rather not become a felon for printing or exposing my firearm accidentally.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-22-2021 at 10:26 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Amy Coney Barrett is awesome. She doesn’t believe in stripping gun possession rights of felons either. Once you do your time in prison and are let out, no government has the authority to restrict your guaranteed rights.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-22-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have said ten time already I am for full constitutional carry. You are preaching to the choir.

How many of you are calling their house member now? They are making their minds up NOW. Everyone on judiciary committee needs a call.
    Judiciary
    (Privileges & Elections)
    Contact | Subcommittee Assignments
    Murphy, Chris, Chairman. King, John Richard C., 1st V.C. Collins, Neal A., 2nd V.C. Bailey, William H.Bamberg, Justin T.Bernstein, Beth E. Bryant, Bruce M. Caskey, Micajah P. "Micah", IV. Cox, Westley P. "West". Davis, Sylleste H. Elliott, Jason. Fry, Russell W. .Henegan, Patricia Moore "Pat". Hyde, Max T., Jr. Johnson, Jeffrey E. "Jeff". Jordan, Wallace H. "Jay", Jr. Kimmons, Mandy W. McCravy, John R., III. McKnight, Cezar E. Newton, Brandon Michael Newton, Wm. Weston J. Rose, Seth Thigpen, Ivory Torrey Wetmore, Elizabeth "Spencer" Wheeler, William W. "Will", III
    Can you post some phone numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Can you post some phone numbers?
    PM me
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I would like those numbers too if possible