View Poll Results: If we cannot get full constitutional carry, what is our best option?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Open requires CWP but concealed requires nothing

30 40.00%
  • open and concealed require CWP

38 50.67%
  • keep as is, concealed with CWP, open not legal

7 9.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2nd round on 2nd amendment

The pressure some of you applied appears to have derailed the "open carry" bill that was set to fly. Yesterday they adjourned debate on the bill in Judiciary.

I and other members are trying to move a constitutional carry bill forward and possibly get a vote. Thanks to those who expressed their opinion to legislators. It matters.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The pressure some of you applied appears to have derailed the "open carry" bill that was set to fly. Yesterday they adjourned debate on the bill in Judiciary.

I and other members are trying to move a constitutional carry bill forward and possibly get a vote. Thanks to those who expressed their opinion to legislators. It matters.
    So calling the lawmakers had the opposite effect it was supposed to?

Remaining silent would have been better?
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-24-2021 at 11:27 AM.

It was not a constitutional carry bill. Just open carry with a permit.
    Now the Rinos will introduce another Bill like conservatives prefiled in December. Sen Rankin will never allow a vote on CC.

Not if they scrap that bill and do the right thing. Ain’t got much faith they do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    They understand it. They're just scared of it. Hence their efforts to limit it and create a paper trail.

Why would a tyrannical government want to leave in place the very tool designed to prevent/curtail/overthrow a tyrannical government?
    Yup. That one didn't leave any wiggle room & it bugs the hell out of em.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

There is a real Constitutional Carry bill in the House and Senate. If a legislator is not a sponsor they are anti Gun. A token bill and amendments that will die on the floor are only a dog and pony to appear pro gun.

A major anti gun is the guy. Gun rights group should have spent more money in Horry. Several Reps and Senators have been sent home for their stance.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/02/24/...eelection-bid/

Default 2nd round on 2nd amendment

https://fb.watch/3WzXRZdfxo/

I lesson on RINOs telling us what we need versus what we want.

Their hand may be forced again on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-27-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Who’s got an update?

SLED runs the program and keeps the revenue. My guess is 5 million per year. I have no problem with a $50 fee for 3 years for a CWP.
    My problem is needing permission from the government.
    That’s an oxymoron. How can you have no problem with a fee but say your problem is permission from the gov???!!! What do you think the fee is? Without paying the fee you do t have permission. I appreciate your efforts here but come on..... it’s the same thing.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I heard from my Representative.....He says full constitutional carry does not have a chance in the Senate. In a nut shell the Senate wants training to be part of the bill so folks will know the law of when deadly force can be used.

I think Rep is wrong. There a bunch of new faces. They have passed CC before. Reps love to blame the Senate for their failure.

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    I heard from my Representative.....He says full constitutional carry does not have a chance in the Senate. In a nut shell the Senate wants training to be part of the bill so folks will know the law of when deadly force can be used.
    Well...no one can adequately train on that topic. You have to have reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm . That’s it. There is absolutely no training on “knowing when you can use deadly force” in the current cwp coursework. It’s a simple as that. You better have a damn strong reason for using deadly force because it’s highly likely that you might have to explain your decision in court.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 03-10-2021 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    That’s an oxymoron. How can you have no problem with a fee but say your problem is permission from the gov???!!! What do you think the fee is? Without paying the fee you do t have permission. I appreciate your efforts here but come on..... it’s the same thing.
    I believe in constitutional carry. That means no permit is required. If you choose to get a CWP and want government to keep track of your permit then there is a fee.

We hope to get both the const carry and the open carry bills on the House floor for a vote. That allows both bills to move forward to the Senate.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I believe in constitutional carry. That means no permit is required. If you choose to get a CWP and want government to keep track of your permit then there is a fee.

We hope to get both the const carry and the open carry bills on the House floor for a vote. That allows both bills to move forward to the Senate.
    Thank you for your work on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk