19 14.50%
  • keep as is, no open, concealed with permit

7 5.34%
  • full constitutional carry, no permit for open or concealed

100 76.34%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    agree, when I took my cwp class, there were about 20 people in it and a couple of them were taking the shooting part for the second time. At the end the instructor(an ex special forces guy) told the class "you all passed the requirements for the state to give you a permit, but there are only 3 of you that have any business carrying a gun. The rest of you need to leave it at home or get a lot of practice. If any of you pull your gun and wind up shooting someone in my family I will hunt you down and kill you deader than hell." Then he pointed out 2 guys and myself as the only ones he would trust with a gun.
    A co-worker of a friend is taking her cwp shooting portion for the second time next week. taking it with a borrowed 22 pistol but is planning to carry a 380 LCP that she has never fired, wtf is wrong with people. Theres alot of people with no business having a gun but it is thier right, hopefully they are smart enough to know their limitations
    The number of people getting CWPs that should not carry from a training standpoint is alarming.... I have never been more nervous about being shot than at my cwp class. Not sure what the answer is here because I tend to think we don’t need any more laws but surely there is some middle ground. I was talking some about this last night and I think they should limit number of attendees to these classes based on number of instructors. Class I went to had one instructor, over 20 individuals in the class and more than half showed up with brand new pistols they had never shot nor had any business carrying from the standpoint of other peoples safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a guy sweep us twice during my cwp class. Instructor almost tackled him.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Maybe that’s the part about “well regulated”? I agree with you, just playing devils advocate. I started thinking about this recently. A guy who is not exactly right works for my BIL. He took a day off to do his CWP training. He was done and back at work by 8:30. He claims the instructor basically took everyones info and money and sent them home. This particular guy would be dangerous armed in public.
    When the Constitution was written- " well regulated" did not mean regulations/laws/rules- it meant equipped and capable. Familiarity with and commonly using a tool( firearm)makes you "well regulated" in it's use.

I am more dangerous armed with a framing hammer than many people are with a handgun, I am well regulated in it's use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    When the Constitution was written- " well regulated" did not mean regulations/laws/rules- it meant equipped and capable. Familiarity with and commonly using a tool( firearm)makes you "well regulated" in it's use.

I am more dangerous armed with a framing hammer than many people are with a handgun, I am well regulated in it's use.
    I know, that was my point. I’d venture to say that maybe 10% of CWP holders are well regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Freedom scares people. I'm not one of them. I'm totally against any test that is supposed to judge whether I can carry a weapon. I'm not going to open carry anyways unless I'm in the woods or field.. and that won't be a handgun.

Maybe that’s the part about “well regulated”? I agree with you, just playing devils advocate. I started thinking about this recently. A guy who is not exactly right works for my BIL. He took a day off to do his CWP training. He was done and back at work by 8:30. He claims the instructor basically took everyones info and money and sent them home. This particular guy would be dangerous armed in public.
    SM, that "instructor" needs to be reported to SLED and lose his license. That's just not right

SM, that "instructor" needs to be reported to SLED and lose his license. That's just not right
    He didn’t do anything but save everybody time. Every CWP class is a joke and waste of time and resources. If the class actually prepared you for anything I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    He didn’t do anything but save everybody time. Every CWP class is a joke and waste of time and resources. If the class actually prepared you for anything I would agree with you.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

2A = 1A

In America if a man can pray, that man can have a .357 on his side while doing it.
    - an individual that interrupts either of which has broken law.

*Edited*
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 02-21-2021 at 08:14 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Freedom scares people.
    The poll has revealed several on here wet themselves at the thought of it.

"Well regulated" has nothing to do with the right of the people to keep and bear arms. The 2nd amendment to the constitution does not grant us that right. That right is granted us by our Creator. The 2nd amendment clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

My personal opinion is that an individual should not strap a pistol to their side, for everyone to see, and walk around in public. But if they choose to, it is their right.

And to go back to the whole legal/illegal sign debate. It's a bunch of crap. That is nothing more than another way for lawyers and politicians to make money. If the owner of a business decides to spray paint their door to say no guns allowed, then don't take a gun in there. It's their property, and they get to make the rules. If you come to my house, you abide by my rules. If you don't like my rules, then stay away. If I come to your house, I either abide by your rules, or I leave. It really is that simple.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I disagree- ours was given at our hunting club, most were very familiar with handling and shooting firearms safely- some spouses were participants.
    Our instructor was a long time NRA instructor and SLED agent- he provided quite a lot of insight into after the shooting repercussions, and how to deal with it legally.
    Since most of us were friends, when it was time for the shooting part- some of us were able to provide guidance concerning the operation, aiming, and safe handling of handguns- a few of our members that had hunted 30+ years were not handgun savvy.
    No-one felt like it was time wasted- even the experts felt like we contributed to the education of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    I disagree- ours was given at our hunting club, most were very familiar with handling and shooting firearms safely- some spouses were participants.
    Our instructor was a long time NRA instructor and SLED agent- he provided quite a lot of insight into after the shooting repercussions, and how to deal with it legally.
    Since most of us were friends, when it was time for the shooting part- some of us were able to provide guidance concerning the operation, aiming, and safe handling of handguns- a few of our members that had hunted 30+ years were not handgun savvy.
    No-one felt like it was time wasted- even the experts felt like we contributed to the education of others.
    I think it should be taken. A good instructor can make it a valuable class for people that may not fully grasp the responsibility of carrying and possibly using a gun for self defense. If the training is required then everyone should have to take it. That instructor should be reported and not allowed to give those classes, it's fraud

I think it should be taken. A good instructor can make it a valuable class for people that may not fully grasp the responsibility of carrying and possibly using a gun for self defense. If the training is required then everyone should have to take it. That instructor should be reported and not allowed to give those classes, it's fraud
    Making personal responsibility a responsibility of government is exactly why this country is is going to the dogs.

I have a friend whom was shot by her instructor during her CWP training class.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Making personal responsibility a responsibility of government is exactly why this country is is going to the dogs.
    Spot.On.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I'd rather see a bill passed that makes people take a test to vote. They are much more dangerous with that right than the right to carry a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I agree, but I think the reality is alot of people need the lesson of the responsibility, its still their responsibility, not the states. As a lifelong gun owner and shooter I dont think I learned anything either, but there are those that havent thought it thru and just think its going to be neato to carry a gun