19 14.50%
  • keep as is, no open, concealed with permit

7 5.34%
  • full constitutional carry, no permit for open or concealed

100 76.34%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry

Default Constitutional Carry

Open carry will be debated in the House soon. The bill would require a permit with training to carry openly.
    That is not what is on the table.

I have written an amendment to advance concealed constitutional carry, no permit or training required. There are many things to consider. Public opinion, the constitution and political possibilities are a few. Your opinion matters. Take a moment to think then vote in this poll.

1. no permit for concealed, training and permit for open
    2. add open carry with permit and training to existing law
    3. keep as is, no open, concealed with permit
    4. full constitution carry, no permit for open or concealed
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Shall not be infringed gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Yep

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No bill needed, constitution has already covered. Although I like your idea on this one. Gonna be a hard sale in today’s climate.

#4 no doubt, but if that can't pass then #2. I carry concealed all I can, only reason I would like open carry is so I don't have to worry about printing, no interest in walking around with one hanging in the open on my hip
    Last edited by Frank1; 02-21-2021 at 11:17 AM.

I’m not positive that’s what number 2 means but allow open carry if you have CWP. CWP to cover open or concealed. Current CWP doesn’t need additional permit to carry open. Btw this only affects people who are following the law. A background check and the liability part of CWP along with Shooting part, showing you know very basic shooting skills, is all that should be required, ever. Then it shouldn’t expire. On expiration date SLED should run another background check automatically and if passed auto renew and mail to holder. Holder can turn in if not wanted. The BIGGEST issue all this shit misses is mental health. No check for that initially nor renewal. MH issues could develop mid life and cause issues for permit holder who receives certain privileges via permit he/ she already has. And you’re about to say fuck it let them carry open if they want to.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

X2
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

The trick is in deciding who should judge your degree of mental illness. You want some liberal appointing another liberal shrink to be in charge of your 2nd amendment rights?

^ ditto

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

any requirement set forth by the government is an infringement. You must have this ____ before you can ____.

I’m just glad we have these laws that keep criminals from concealing a firearm. They are effective and make me feel safer.

Full constitutional carry.
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 02-21-2021 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Drivers licenses don't make people better drivers.

80% dont have any business toting a gun but at same time no women and 80% of men have any business driving on a highway either.

Serious question though

If constitutional passes what will business do if they want someone to not carry? Will their signs be null and void? Or will more places me less gun friendly than they are now?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    80% dont have any business toting a gun but at same time no women and 80% of men have any business driving on a highway either.

Serious question though

If constitutional passes what will business do if they want someone to not carry? Will their signs be null and void? Or will more places me less gun friendly than they are now?
    The vast majority of them already have signs that are null and void.

As ratified by the states.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Not sure why government officials think this needs to be continually debated.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Serious question though

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    The vast majority of them already have signs that are null and void.

The legality of a sign on private property should never be questioned. The owner pays the taxes, therefore, the owner makes the rules. If you don't like their rules, don't go.

And our right to keep and bear arms, does not come from the government, or a piece of paper. It was endowed to us by our Creator.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    As ratified by the states.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Not sure why government officials think this needs to be continually debated.
    Maybe that’s the part about “well regulated”? I agree with you, just playing devils advocate. I started thinking about this recently. A guy who is not exactly right works for my BIL. He took a day off to do his CWP training. He was done and back at work by 8:30. He claims the instructor basically took everyones info and money and sent them home. This particular guy would be dangerous armed in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

agree, when I took my cwp class, there were about 20 people in it and a couple of them were taking the shooting part for the second time. At the end the instructor(an ex special forces guy) told the class "you all passed the requirements for the state to give you a permit, but there are only 3 of you that have any business carrying a gun. The rest of you need to leave it at home or get a lot of practice. If any of you pull your gun and wind up shooting someone in my family I will hunt you down and kill you deader than hell." Then he pointed out 2 guys and myself as the only ones he would trust with a gun.
    A co-worker of a friend is taking her cwp shooting portion for the second time next week. taking it with a borrowed 22 pistol but is planning to carry a 380 LCP that she has never fired, wtf is wrong with people. Theres alot of people with no business having a gun but it is thier right, hopefully they are smart enough to know their limitations

with gun sales out the roof and ammo prices the way they are, we are going to see more and more folks with less and less range time packing.

I bought a couple of snap caps a few years ago at a gun show and have brought them out since ammo is sky high. I highly recommend them. there are several out there. The one I have is http://www.laserhit.com You can print out targets from website and download the app to score your hits. Or you can just watch the laser when you pull the trigger.

I have a couple of targets on the walls in my home office and shoot while i am not paying attention to conference calls.

My youngest and I spent an hour last night practicing. didnt cost a dime.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

No permit or fees for a right. If not 4 scrapped it