Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical bill question

send them the money and move along

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I understand your side, but in the same token it’s your “fault” that the customer wasn’t billed correctly and or timely. I just don’t see how anyone would still hold the customer accountable over a year after the service was provided given it was their fault the customer wasn’t billed correctly. If you called me I’d be one to understand and pay you, but if it was my business I’d just eat it because 1. It’s my fault. 2. I wouldn’t want the customer to think I didn’t know what I was doing and potentially lose a good customer.
    You're not entirely wrong. There's only so much I'll write off, though. I don't know what kind of business you own, but I know my margins and what I can stand. I wouldn't want to lose a customer over $50, especially if it's for a service. $600 worth of product that left without paying gets a hat-in-the-hand phone call. I have not, and will not, take someone to collections over a bill in that circumstance.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Medical billing is totally inscrutable. You rarely know what something is going to cost in advance, you get multiple bills generated from the same incident, think you've paid the bill, then months later start getting dunned for some other charge you didn't even know about.

Pay em you damn gypsy. They provided you a service and you owe them. You know something about just debts and all. If you had all intentions to pay them then why come on here asking if you could get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Dave Ramsey says you don't need a beacon score.
    BS

Everything is based on it , even your insurance premiums

He lives in a dream world and does not deal with real people, only people willing to buy his damn books and make him more money

[QUOTE=Bownut;2849759]Pay em you damn gypsy. They provided you a service and you owe them. You know something about just debts and all. If you had all intentions to pay them then why come on here asking if you could get out of it.[/QUOTE

Oh you know. That’s what Gypsies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    You're not entirely wrong. There's only so much I'll write off, though. I don't know what kind of business you own, but I know my margins and what I can stand. I wouldn't want to lose a customer over $50, especially if it's for a service. $600 worth of product that left without paying gets a hat-in-the-hand phone call. I have not, and will not, take someone to collections over a bill in that circumstance.
    Just curious. Did you ever hold your receptionist accountable for causing the issue? Also... about how much time usually passed before you caught the mistake? Also, a dr visit is a little different than me buying 5,000lbs of corn.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 02-19-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Just curious. Did you ever hold your receptionist accountable for causing the issue? Also... about how much time usually passed before you caught the mistake?
    So, we went live with new software so there has been a steep and not always profitable learning curve. Staff were re-trained on checkout procedures. I have to take blame as well for not catching it. Some invoices were two months old before I got a handle on it.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

When the wife was fighting breast cancer, we got bill's for them doing radiation on Sunday's. Total bullshit. And NO ECU cock luver we did NOT Pay And Move along as you say. What is wrong with this whole system
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

So, we went live with new software so there has been a steep and not always profitable learning curve. Staff were re-trained on checkout procedures. I have to take blame as well for not catching it. Some invoices were two months old before I got a handle on it.
    Good job. One of the bills was actually a vet bill for my dog. I called and was told that it was a mathematical error on their part. Yet, they still added late fees to the bill. I told them I’d pay the difference minus the late fees and they agreed. The bill was $11.00 and I received it a year after the service.

Jew should just pay it. I mean Jew did have a service rendered after all..

why would you not pay it if services were rendered, what does bill arrival date have to do with you owing it?

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    When the wife was fighting breast cancer, we got bill's for them doing radiation on Sunday's. Total bullshit. And NO ECU cock luver we did NOT Pay And Move along as you say. What is wrong with this whole system
    DRDICK, try to keep up, the man was billed for something he received, he is not questioning if he owes it, he is questioning if he has to pay it because the bill arrives way later.
    Now even your ignorant ass should know that what is wrong with folks not paying their bills if owed is that the bad debt gets passed along thru price increases to the good folks that do pay their bills.
    I typed real slow so you hopefully you can follow along better
    Last edited by ecu1984; 02-19-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    why would you not pay it if services were rendered, what does bill arrival date have to do with you owing it?
    Hence why I paid them. However, billing someone over a year after the service just seems like bad business to me.

Hence why I paid them. However, billing someone over a year after the service just seems like bad business to me.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    send them the money and move along

sad to say but best way to settle it

[QUOTE=StrutnBPS;2849770]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Pay em you damn gypsy. They provided you a service and you owe them. You know something about just debts and all. If you had all intentions to pay them then why come on here asking if you could get out of it.[/QUOTE

Oh you know. That’s what Gypsies do.
    He obviously has little experience with medical billing and insurance companies.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    And just think what the common peasants have to deal with.
    However will he find someone to lend him money?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Cornerstone growing pains.
    Yep! I think I mentioned to you it wasn’t my favorite software . Hope you all are doing well. I have been working from home for quite some time but if you want to get up and grab lunch or whatever let me know. Happy to make a trip up your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk