Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of ...

Some times you have to communicate in the language they understand

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I'm not directly picking on you, but I am very tired of this argument of "well, someone will be offended by everything so we get the license to do whatever we want with no apologies."

Whatever happened to common freaking sense!? A man can justify anything in his own mind if you give him long enough. (thanks Jevans)

At what point can someone just stand up and say, "You know what, I don't like Biden, but I don't want to say it like this. This isn't right." What separates you from the political ideologies that you hate so much from the opposite side if you can't think with some common sense applied? Complaining and whining about the morality of the opposite side and we are NO DIFFERENT! It's disgusting and pathetic. Have some scruples people! Right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't care who you voted for.

Stand up and be a man, call it equally. Quit choosing your values based on political party. This is why we are in this mess. WE have lost all of the men with backbones, and not just in the government offices but right here, staring at us right in the mirror!

If we are going to continue protecting what our forefathers gave us, it's time we step up and act like real men. Real men have values, real men don't waver.
    *Insert mic-drop emoji here*

[/B]
    I'm not directly picking on you, but I am very tired of this argument of "well, someone will be offended by everything so we get the license to do whatever we want with no apologies." Having your feelings hurt is not protected by the Constitution. However you may approach the offender personally to "discuss your qualms." As they did back in the "olden days" you harken to.

Whatever happened to common freaking sense!? A man can justify anything in his own mind if you give him long enough. (thanks Jevans) Again, personal issue

At what point can someone just stand up and say, "You know what, I don't like Biden, but I don't want to say it like this. This isn't right." Any time, you just did! What separates you from the political ideologies that you hate so much from the opposite side if you can't think with some common sense applied? They are all corrupted and led by feelings, rather than ink and paper. It is written and should be followed word for word, not interpreted. The insertion of "common sense" has allowed how many thousands of babies to be slaughtered? Complaining and whining about the morality of the opposite side and we are NO DIFFERENT! It's disgusting and pathetic. Have some scruples people! Right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't care who you voted for. A flag with vulgar language got you this fired up.

Stand up and be a man, call it equally. Quit choosing your values based on political party. This is why we are in this mess. WE have lost all of the men with backbones, and not just in the government offices but right here, staring at us right in the mirror! Their right to fly the flag is the same as your right to disapprove. But that's your hill to battle upon.

If we are going to continue protecting what our forefathers gave us, it's time we step up and act like real men. Real men have values, real men don't waver.
    I concur, but also think our founding fathers had some pretty salty tongues. (I sure would like to hear what they spoke of the King...

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Mitt Romney would definitely not fly that flag.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    They are all corrupted and led by feelings, rather than ink and paper. It is written and should be followed word for word, not interpreted. The insertion of "common sense" has allowed how many thousands of babies to be slaughtered?...

A flag with vulgar language got you this fired up...

Their right to fly the flag is the same as your right to disapprove. But that's your hill to battle upon...
    Abortion wasn't a "common sense" issue but a loss of values issue, I don't care how you try to spin it.

And I'm not "fired up" about a vulgar flag, but the fact that conservative men can't seem to stand up together and hold each other accountable. You justified your argument based on what the other side does, this is an emotional approach, an argument I learned as a child doesn't hold water. Why are we, as conservative men, stooping to the level of the very thing we are trying to avoid? Where is the honor in that? Where does it end? If real men won't stand up and say enough is enough, you'll end up with exactly what we see on TV today.

My values won't be dictated by what someone else does. I won't condone something I disapprove of because the other side is doing something worse. Let's be the men that raise the bar, not lower it.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 02-19-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm pretty grumpy from lack of sleep pondering what caused the burnt tree root that wasn't burnt.

Joe is owned by China. Fuck em both. I can't believe we're gonna waste time over an R rated flag.

There is a time and place for everything. Although I agree with the msg, to display it in front of your house is a bit uncouth.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I can appreciate you alluding to men of the past, and agree about holding each other accountable. Hence this conversation here. We are on the same two track heading to the same destination. Strong conservative values. We won't ever cross paths though because I am looking back to our nation's founding whereas you're looking back to 1960 JFK.

You've misunderstand that I am condoning the words on the man's flag. Actuality it can say whatever, Jesus is King, Blue Lives Matter, Black Lives Matter, Free Che, does not matter a bit. He can fly whatever flag he wants on his property. Whether me or you like it or not. Many here on this site still fly the CSA or General Lee. What I do condone is him not being afraid to use his God given rights to do so. Cancel culture has brought this here topic before us. Don't get swept up in it.

And it wasn't a justification of argument, but an example of the ridiculous nature of society today. Once again we are on parallel tracks. We won't ever meet because of the feelings/document issue. I'll stick to my lane toward 1776 and invite you to join in on the journey to bring back American exceptionalism. Leave the feelings in the trunk, they just get in the way.

For a self-proclaimed apostate, you sure do like to bring up religion a lot.
    Violence against someone who offends you with their message isn't a virtue. You seemed to extol the good old days when it was socially acceptable. I used an analogy that applies to your personal beliefs, which I respect, to help you try and understand. My rejection of your god has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Violence against someone who offends you with their message isn't a virtue. You seemed to extol the good old days when it was socially acceptable. I used an analogy that applies to your personal beliefs, which I respect, to help you try and understand. My rejection of your god has nothing to do with it.
    I miss the men who stood up for what they knew to be right, no matter what. You would find fault in any argument I make beyond that so we don't have to go further.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I miss the men who stood up for what they knew to be right, no matter what. You would find fault in any argument I make beyond that so we don't have to go further.
    We have more in common than you give either of us credit for. I hope you have a great weekend!!

What is virtue? What is violence? Is there a different between good and evil? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    What is virtue?see THE BIBLEWhat is violence?harm upon another person Is there a different between good and evil? yepWhy?It’s in God’s plan. We are human and will never be able to comprehend His plan.
    *just the responses from some dude from the SC woods*

We have more in common than you give either of us credit for. I hope you have a great weekend!!
    I didn’t mean that to sound as negative as it did. I just didn’t want to carry it any further because you and I have opposite beliefs when it comes to theology. Well, I assume we do based on your admissions.

You have a great weekend as well. If you ever get over to the Florence, give me a shout. We can get together for a meal or kill something if it’s in season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    *just the responses from some dude from the SC woods*
    Double sprig, the question was for the heathen.

copy that.

Cant cherry pick your rights
    With that said, it may not be legally wrong but it's morally wrong and I am surprised they don't have a local "obscenity" law/ordinance.
    This dilemma is most likely why we don't see more "Fuck Climp5in" banners than we do

I don’t disagree with you one bit. It’s poor taste and low class to put that shit in your yard. But walk down a public middle school hallway or private for that manner and you’ll hear the same or worse. I’m sure you’ve taught your daughters the right way. I think it’s a reaction t the radicalism of Pelosi and Schumer types that won’t to stomp the shit out of opposition. People as a result are saying “ you know what? FUCK YOU”. it may be crass but the principle of it I can get behind. Lock your doors. We ain’t in Mayberry anymore.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

A person's rights don't end where another person's feelings begin.

Good post MM
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Man has been making a god for himself for as long as there have been men. He decided what is good and evil. The god of David’s time didn’t think it was evil to kill non-combatants in war but it most certainly is.

We’d have strung David and his god up had they been at Nuremburg.

What did the amalekites do besides defend their land from invaders? God hated them...because joshua and moses hated them. Picture the promised land as America and the Hebrews as Mexicans.

Or better yet, picture the Hebrews as yankees in 1864.